Organization Development Advisor at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Company: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Business Development
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors.
GIZ Ethiopia is looking to recruit a Organization Development Advisor to support the Responsible Governance of Investments in Land (RGIL) Project.
The Civil Society and Community Engagement Advisor will report to and be supervised by
Duration of contract: 31/07/2023
Required Candidates: 1
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #078/2022
- supporting the Project Manager and the National Senior Project Coordinator in communication and project monitoring.
- coordinating the national cooperation with community, civil society, academia, and NGOs.
- ensuring coordination within the country, especially between local, regional and national activities.
- coordinating the cooperation with civil society at national level, responsible for closure activities.
Advisory services and capacity building
- supports the empowerment of local communities to know their land rights.
- supports to secure land rights for local population impacted by agricultural investments, with a focus on women and other vulnerable groups.
- strengthens customary institutions, dealing with land conflict resolution.
- supports the community to implement/enforce FPIC (Free, Prior and Informed Consent), in advance to land transfer to the investor.
- conducts Training of Trainers roll-out on legal assistance.
- prepares local communities for multi-stakeholder fora and negotiations conducts awareness raising, sensitization, identification of problematic issues for local land users.
- supports the roll-out of investor-community dialogue fora.
- develops and establishes grievance mechanisms.
- supports mediation of conflicts.
- develops, together with suitable partners appropriate training formats for community legal empowerment in the context of agricultural investments.
- pilots/conducts trainings and/or CD measures for community legal empowerment or other trainings (e.g. contract farming) in the context of agricultural investments;
- promotes the information system on agricultural investment (CAMIS).
Coordination, cooperation, and knowledge management
- supports cooperation, regular contact, and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organizations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/program environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
- communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project/program.
- assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organization and moderation of planning exercises and their
- implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication, and documentation.
- deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected to the project/program’s area of activity.
- prepares appropriate input for various project/program reports including annual reports, presentations and contributes to the other reports required by the program manager and GIZ Head Office.
- assists and monitors the development and implementation of project/program plans and activities of partner organizations in close consultation with counterparts.
- coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and
- preparing organizational aspects.
- compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments.
- assists with research activities and studies on political issues which benefit joint programs.
- publishes experience related to community legal empowerment.
- develops and publishes relevant training / awareness materials and guidelines for the local population.
- develops and distribute information and communication materials in different local languages.
Required Qualifications, competences and experience : Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in agricultural studies, geography, community development or any other related field.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience from working with the civil society and community engagement.
- Work experience in land-related development projects is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ICT building safety survey technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Excellent communication and moderation skills, both written and oral in English and Amharic.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 22 May. 2022