Nutrition Project Manager at Save the Children
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Hawassa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Development and Project Management - Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
The Save the Children in Ethiopia Country Office (CO), in support of the Government of Ethiopia (GoE), has continued to contribute to the well-being of Ethiopian children in development and humanitarian contexts. We work to provide immediate humanitarian relief and long-term sustainable development.
Regional Nutrition Project Manager is responsible for coordinating all Nutrition program activities in the region. He/she will also support the cross functionality, coordination and standardization of program implementation and that quality of program is adhere to standard guideline. He/she will be expected to coordinate with other thematic project managers to improve planning, implementation; monitoring and reporting processes as they pertain to Growth through Nutrition program activities. The incumbent works closely with other thematic managers and the government structure to ensure program integration at all level. The Manager is expected to concurrently track physical implementation against activity plan and budget utilization under Growth through Nutrition component. He/she will manage Growth through Nutrition zonal coordinators; work closely with them to ensure quality of program implementations and timely completion of the planned activities. He/she is also expected to form a good working relationship with the government, coordinate with Feed the Future partners and other nutrition partners to ensure the functionality of multi sectoral nutrition coordination at regional and woreda levels.
Roles and Responsibilities
Program Planning and implementation
- Participate in and develop annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly implementation plans for Health and nutrition component of GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION
- Ensure that Nutrition zonal coordinators have annual, quarterly and monthly plans by specific target areas. Mange and support zonal MNCH coordinators under his/her supervision.
- Ensure that Nutrition zonal coordinators have taken the initiative to integrate quality improvement program into nutrition services.
- Ensure that Nutrition zonal coordinators have closely followed up the implementation of quality improvement work plan in pilot woredas.
- Ensure that continues quality improvement system in place at pilot health centres
- In collaboration with Regional M&E Manager, ensure mapping, planning, quality implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the Nutrition and health components of the GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION program
- In collaboration with the regional GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION coordinator and ensure financial plan is prepared and included in the POP.
- Ensure that program requests from zonal coordinators plan is timely reviewed and submitted for approval with strong follow up on quality implementation
- Technically support regional, Woreda, and local stakeholders, and partners to assess needs related to nutrition and support the implementation of GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION in the region.
- Conduct training needs assessment at woreda level to identify the gap and take action accordingly.
- Support RHB/Zone health Offices in mentoring and follow-up of the trained HW and community in implementing planned nutrition activities at all level( zones, facility community)
- Ensure health workers in selected health facilities for implementation of GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION are trained as per national guideline
- Ensure the provision of appropriate mentoring and on job training for Health workers at targeted Health facilities using agreed tools
- Ensure that resources allocated reached the right beneficiaries, for the right objective in the right time
- Ensure that all donor compliance and save the children rules and regulations are strictly followed during day to day program operations
- Act as a regional focal person for SCI implemented WASH activities
Coordination and networking
- Work closely with other thematic managers and senior program managers to ensure coordination
- among partners, SCI nutrition and resilience projects and Growth through Nutrition technical specialists to ensure quality of project implementation and timely completion of the activities.
- Ensure the integration of gender equality and women’s empowerment, a rigorous learning agenda, sustainable approaches, and most importantly convergence/overlay of multi-sector nutrition interventions (e.g. agriculture, livelihoods, education, health, humanitarian assistance) in the same geographic areas
- Coordinate the activities field office Nutrition zonal coordinators ; lead monthly and quarterly regional planning and ensure that weekly schedules, logistics and travel plans are coordinated and completed timely,
- Coordinate with GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION core regional team in order to manage the project and area operations by working closely with the technical team, with zonal coordinators to ensure quality of interventions and timely completion of activities.
- Ensure that Nutrition multi-sectoral coordination is strengthened, livelihood/agriculture team to mainstream nutrition in to agriculture and coordinated at all levels
- coordinate with program activities are
- Ensure GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION program integration with other nutrition related programs implemented by the field office
- Ensure that GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION activities included in woreda annual implementation plans
- Strengthen coordination and networking with feed the future partners
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Mange and support zonal MNCH coordinators under his/her supervision. Ensure and manage appropriate staffing within area of responsibility
- Ensure all direct reporting team have accurate and up –to- date JD
- Sets standard and agreed performance objectives for all direct reports, monitor progress regularly and document
- Conducts midterm and end line performance review, documents and submits to HR
- Ensure all new recruited staff gets Fraud, SS and Child safeguarding training and monitor the progress
- Ensure staff submit accurate time sheet on monthly basis on time
- Incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building process. Establish result based system and follow up.
- Conduct supportive supervisions and provide responsive support as assure quality and timeliness of activities at regional level
- Ensure that Zonal Nutrition coordinators regularly report as per the required standard and receive regular feedback.
- Prepare weekly/biweekly updates, monthly and quarterly ,bi annual and annual report and submit on timely manner to the regional manger
- In collaboration with M&E coordinator, ensure that appropriate documentation of beneficiary profiles, inputs, trainings and nutrition and health related case stories
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- BSc Degree in Health Officer, Nursing, Communications, Health Promotion.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in project manager position in nutrition, health or related technical areas;
- Experience working effectively with local NGO/CSOs/FBOs
- Proven ability to work in a team, with good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate community leaders, health extension workers, AEWs.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Willingness to work with district government officials, local NGO/CSOs and frequently travel to rural communities
- An understanding and commitment to Save the Children values Strong results orientation
- Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload Excellent spoken and written English and local languages
- Good computer skills (particularly Excel, Word) and internet skills Female applicants are highly encourged
- Willingness and ability to travel to all project areas in the Gedeo and Guji zone, within approved security frameworks.
PERCENTAGE OF TRAVEL
Work experience in productive areas and knowledge of local culture is advantageousSC Values are: Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. To meet the value system the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases (this varies according to the position please consider the below as example)
Leading: (align with Ambition, Integrity collaboration and creativity)
Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organization.
Thinking: (align with Ambition, Creativity, Collaboration and Creativity)
Applying technical and professional expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
Engaging: (align with Collaboration, Creativity)
Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29 October. 2021