Network & Infrastructure Administrator at Libya Oil Ethiopia Ltd
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Libya Oil Ethiopia Ltd
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ethiopia
Libya Oil Ethiopia Limited is a company engaged in marketing of Oil products in Ethiopia. We would like to recruit Network & Infrastructure Administrator who joins our diverse and talented IT team. We offer an environment where development, challenge and recognition are encouraged. Here is what we are looking for.
- The Infrastructure Administrator is responsible for all infrastructure service domains. This role will have a focus on the development and implementation of IT services at the Company locations and responsible for providing network support to maintain the network infrastructure, platform operating systems, and ensuring IT Infrastructure performance as per Company requirements.
- Responsible for the administration and operation of all broad range of network connectivity, hardware, software and supporting the Company distributed computing environments. This includes but not limited to file & print, application, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, VPN, IBM, and Access Control System servers, internal Telephone Systems, Switches, Routers, Firewall and workstations.
- Monitor the day to day smooth running of the Company’s LAN/WAN/WLAN and Communication services including implementation of new services, managing the hardware/software resources, monitoring performance and optimization.
- Provide professional IT help-desk support services to all Libya Oil Ethiopia users.
- Administer windows servers, client machine OS and application software.
Scope: All local IT Infrastructures and systems;
Security: Ensure that fallback and recovery plan is in place and tested regularly i.e. schedule and test F&R and backup service. Ensure appropriate security measures and tools are in place to protect against hazards and software viruses.
Ensure the Company’s security policies in the areas of network/workstations and adhere to by users.
Data Center Management: oversee data center management for tasks including but not limited to upgrading hardware and software/operating systems, managing data distribution and storage, backup processes and emergency planning.
Network: monitor and support the day to day activities required to run the LAN/WAN/WLAN and internet services/telecom system. Troubleshoots all network problems such as printing, communication network (LAN/WAN), resources access, and application software problems. Implement new services, manage the hardware/software resources and monitoring performance and optimization.
Virus Prevention: Serve as a virus prevention focal point.
Applications: Installing, configuring, customizing, monitoring, troubleshooting and operations of IT software and Microsoft O365 packages including SharePoint administration.
Training: Organize/conduct users training and IT security awareness programs as per the annual IT work plan.
Support : Provides effective and efficient IT support. Ensure timely problem/support logging, troubleshooting, escalation and documentation of actions taken for reporting/statistics on help desk performance.
Implement Corporate and local IT tasks and projects.
- BSc Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT infrastructure Administration area
- Experience and detail technical knowledge in system and network security, security protocols, firewalls, cisco technologies including switching and routing.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnoses and maintain windows network, servers, client workstations problems and VPNs.
Knowledge of Languages
Essential: Good command of English and Amharic
Age: 28-35 years
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their updated CV to Our location: from the juncture of Gotera Road on the way to Saris Avenue