National IAIP Gender Expert – SB4 at UNIDO
- Company: UNIDO
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type:
- Job category: Social Science/Community
UNIDO is working in partnership with the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE), through the Ministry of Trade and Industry and other Federal and Regional stakeholders, to develop technical assistant project in the Integrated Agroindustry Parks and value chain development of different commodities (Moringa). These interventions are contributing to the transformation of agriculture of Ethiopia by expanding the industrial parks development initiatives and creating decent employment opportunities for young men and women through the development of agricultural value chain and agroindustry.
This position is located under the Sustainable Food Systems Division (DTA/AGR/SFS) which promotes ISID through the promotion of food systems that deliver food and nutrition security without compromising economic, social, and environmental bases to generate food security and nutrition for future generations. The Division is responsible for identifying, developing and managing programmes to improve the competitiveness of the food and agribusiness sectors through access to support services, finance, markets and trade opportunities. The Division contributes to the capacity-building of food systems support institutions and skill development agencies through its advisory and convening activities.
The IAIP aims to advancing economic competitiveness by strengthening the agricultural industry value chain, and attracting foreign direct investment and domestic investment; protecting the environment by facilitating the establishment of eco-friendly agroindustry parks; and strengthening social cohesion by supporting local economic and social development initiatives, especially for women and youth living in ACPZs; and enhancing industrial and labor relations in the IAIP. The moringa project supports to improved rural livelihoods through value chain development in Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples’ Region, Ethiopia.
UNIDO is seeking an experienced professional with proven capacity to generate results, to support the intergrated agro industial park (IAIP) projects and the Moringa Value Chain development project. The National Expert will work under the direct supervision of the Project manager at UNIDO HQ, Vienna, and in close collaboration with the Project team in Ethiopia, Addis Ababa, and the Chief Technical Advisor, to implement the project activities.
- Conduct gender analyses as guided by UNIDO’s Guide to Gender Mainstreaming, particularly emphasizing gender issues to ensure gender balance across the project OUPUT areas (e.g. gender division of labour, access to an control of resources and technologies, women’s and men’s needs and preferences, and opportunities for and constraints on women’s participation in the agro value chains and clusters).
- Assess and identify potential gender-differentiated impacts of the project.
- Collect sex-disaggregated baseline data that could be used to monitor potential gender impacts.
- Support the monitoring of the project implementation with respect to the gender component of the programme (Regular monitoring and reporting of gender issues towards greater gender equality and empowerment of women).
- Based on gender analysis, develop a plan of action that identifies opportunities and entry points for mainstreaming gender into the project. The plan of action for gender mainstreaming should mirror the projects’ log frames in connection with the targeted project.
- Based on national and sectorial gender analysis develop specific actions to ensure gender balance in activities taking into consideration special needs of women.
- Ensure that training curricula and tools are developed to accommodate the different education/skill levels that may exist between women and men.
- Provide support to the Project Implementation Unit in gender mainstreaming in relation to the Agrovalue chain.
- Undertake any other activity as requested by the Project Management Team.
- Provide technical support for the project team to ensure the implementation of the gender mainstreaming plan of action.
- Support the project team to identify the gender gaps relevant to the rural communities, and provide guidance to mitigate.
- Support monitoring the implementation of gender related activities and provide advice.
- Facilitate training and awareness workshops to support the beneficiaries and relevant stakeholders.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT- VA2021_ISA_EXT_141
Main Duty Station and Location: Addis Ababa, with in-country travel
Duration: 105 working days
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences or other relevant discipline with a specialization in gender and project cycle management is required.
Technical and Function Experience
- At least three (3) years of practical experience in the field of gender equality and gender mainstreaming is required.
- Experience in gender analysis and gender planning and demonstrated expertise in mainstreaming gender in projects and programmes is required.
- Thorough understanding of the gender context in Ethiopia, and experience working with government institutions and international or non-governmental organizations supporting gender and development work is required.
- Experience with gender analysis tools and methodologies is desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic is required, spoken Oromiffa/Sidama Affo/Tigrigna is desirable.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5 October. 2021