Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Officer for SHARE- II at Farm Africa
- Company: Farm Africa
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Development and Project Management - Social Science/Community
JOB TITLE: Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Officer for SHARE- II
REPORTS TO: Project Coordinator
REPORTING TO POSTHOLDER: None
LOCATION: Bale Robe with frequent travel to project intervention woredas in Bale and West Arsi zones
DURATION & HOURS: Until April,2024 with probationary period of 60 working days
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
A monitoring, learning and evaluation Officer is responsible to provide monitoring and learning for SHARE II programme in collaboration with Farm Africa’s team and consortium staff. A position holder is responsible to collect monitoring data, producing case stories and preparing periodical reports for a government and donor. He/she will be actively involved in planning and organizing quarterly programme review meetings including annual Project Progress Review (PPR). The position holder is expected to work closely with different teams both at field and Farm Africa’s country offices.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish a robust monitoring and evaluation system in collaboration with the Farm, Africa’s MLE team and SHARE II programme Manager and project coordinator
Working closely with field office team and woreda experts to facilitate data collection from different sources including gathering of community feedbacks
Review and ensure quality of Logical frame indicators, reporting formats and contents and other relevant management tools from the perspective of knowledge management and learning
Work in consultation and partnership with a project coordinator and partner staff to ensure consistency of monitoring system across the intervention areas
Contribute to developing strategies for long-term, sustainable systems to support data production, storage, analysis, documentation, dissemination and use
Actively involve in preparing case stores and lessons which represent the SHARE II project intervention areas
Work closely with the programme team in preparations of monthly, quarterly and annual reports which will be submitted to government offices and donors
Responsible to facilitate cross learnings within and between different projects and assist in organizing those learning events
Preparing Terms of References to conduct project midterm review and terminal evaluation
Update records regularly and facilitate a monthly digital project progress report and attend review sessions at field sub-office and or at country office
Capacitate project team in the area of monitoring and evaluation through providing train, advice and coaching
These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
Education, qualifications & other knowledge
- BA/ MSc degree in social studies Developmental Studies, economics and other related disciplines
- Good understanding of project monitoring and evaluation system
- Fluent written and spoken Afaan Oromo, Amharic and English
- Well demonstrated skill in report writing and developing case stores
- Good background on statistical analysis
- Five years of work experience with monitoring and learning roles preferably with NGOs
- Extensive practical experience of dealing with large donors’ institutional environment
- Working experiences at grass root level
Skills & abilities
- Has a relaxed and open working style, works well individually as well as in a team; reliable at all times; proactive and imaginative
- Relationship building and management
- Network management and networking
- Highly literate and eloquent
- Teamwork skills and the ability to work in a multi partner approach
- Skills in gender-based analysis and approaches
- Able to multitask and works well under pressure; negotiates and meets deadlines
- A commitment to excellent support internally and to partner organizations and stakeholders; has a positive attitude and always looks for solutions to problems and challenges
- Excellent communicator – written and spoken
- Good computer skills bot Microsoft words and excel
- Effective presentations
Investing in smallholder farming is the number one way to combat poverty in rural Africa. Farm Africa is a leading NGO specialising in growing agriculture, protecting the environment and developing businesses in rural Africa.
EXPERT: Expertise and insightful evidence-based solutions are at the heart of everything Farm Africa does.
GROUNDED: Our teams and partners work closely with local communities, engaging them in every level of decision-making.
IMPACTFUL: We deliver long lasting change for farmers, their families, and the environments they live in.
BOLD: We model innovative approaches and are not afraid to challenge strategies that are failing.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Officer for SHARE II Project as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 26 September. 2021