Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Maternity Foundation
- Company: Maternity Foundation
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Maternity Foundation (MF) is an international NGO, working since 2015 to reduce maternal and newborn morbidities and mortalities in Africa and South East Asia, which is head quartered in Copenhagen Denmark. Maternity Foundation Ethiopia has secured funding to implement two research projects in Ethiopia in Amhara region and Addis Ababa city Administration. Maternity Foundation works to reduce maternal and newborn mortality through mobile and digital solutions both in the development and humanitarian sectors through building the capacity of the health care providers and mainly skill birth attendants. In 2021 with these projects, more than 100 midwives will be trained on key skills for maternal and newborn care using innovative remote training modalities. The projects’ design includes strong M&E systems to learn about which training modalities are best suited to the context..
Maternity Foundation is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for the projects who will have frequent travel to the project sites. The M&E Oficer will work in close collaboration with the MF Ethiopia country director, the clinical and program manager and the Global Learning and Research Manager in Copenhagen.
The M&E officer will be responsible for coordinating high quality data collection using moderns approaches and technologies. The M&E officer will also be responsible for keeping a learning journal during project implementation and for the regular activity reporting and for final reporting with support from colleagues. In addition the M&E officer will support internal reporting on projects implementation.
He / She will join the dynamic and committed MF team and contribute to the successful implementation of the two projects.
The position involves the following tasks:
- Keeping track of implementation activities and results
- Set-up monitoring systems
- Contribute to regular internal project reporting
- Lead data-collection activities
- Train enumerators
- Develop and test quantitative and qualitative data collection tools
- Data quality assurance
- Statistical analysis and report-writing
- Conduct interviews or focus group discussions and analyze qualitative data
- Project management of activities as per the relevant M&E protocols
Reports to: Clinical and Program Manager/Maternal & Digital Health Advisor
No. of position: One
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Contract: Fixed-term contract
Duration: 9 months
Starting Date: May 1, 2021
Skill & Experience needed
- Bachelor’s or second degree in health or related field in social science
- Ideally a few years of experience (3 years and above) with monitoring and evaluation
- Have experience in designing data collection tools using KoBoToolbox, ODK, Survey CTO, Survey Solutions or similar
- Experience training enumerators and/or interviewers is a plus.
- Have quantitative analysis skills.
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of R or other statistical languages is desirable.
- Skills in qualitative data collection and analysis is a plus.
- Experience with report writing.
- Very good teamwork skills
- Very good coordination skills, orientation to detail, multi-tasking, and ability to work under short deadlines.
- You have good organizational skills and information management skills.
- Fluency in English with strong communication skills
Competences: Dedicated and self-motivated, structured, able to work under challenging conditions, organizing, and planning skills, adaptability, innovative and creative thinker/trainer, ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision and willing to travel frequently.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV ONLY through
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply
Closing Date : 17th April, 2021