Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at FHI360
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: SNNPR Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. For the USAID project focusing on highly vulnerable children in Ethiopia, FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidate for the position of MEL Officer to be based in SNNPR, Hawassa.
The MEL Officer will closely work with the Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) and USAID-CVC project consortium members. S/he provides technical support in the areas of data collection, analysis and reporting of LIPS. S/he technically has dotted line relationship with the project MEL Technical Director based in Addis and directly reports to the SNNP Regional Manager. The MEL Officer is also responsible to provide MEL technical assistance to government partners (mainly BoWCA/BoLSA) and serve as focal person to facilitate MEL task coordination among project key partners.
Essential job functions: duties and responsibilities
· Understand the data that should be reported to SNNPR level from the different SNUs/towns/woreda s/he is assigned.
· Make sure all the data collection and reporting tools are readily available and shared with the concerned implementing partners on time.
· Collect data from LIPs and consortium members, encode into the database and share with his/her supervisors.
· Provide onsite mentoring and coaching support to CVs, CCCs, SSWs and LIPs on the use of the tools developed to track project progresses, data utilizations and on time reporting.
· Provide training and technical assistance/ mentoring for the MoWCYA, BoWCYAs and Woreda government offices on utilization of OVC related data and database.
· Closely work and coordinate with MoWCYA on harmonizing the project database with the national child welfare database.
· Prepare and apply paper-based data collection tools
· Train the relevant project or partners’ staff on the use of tablet/mobile based data collection tools and supervise the field data collection.
· Review and ensure the quality of data collected from field (in the area where s/he is assigned)
· Collaborate work the project Database Office designing electronic data tracking templates and databases applying appropriate computer application software
· Maintain the database/s developed to track project activities and indicators.
· Take part in the national database technical working group (TWG).
· Closely work and collaborate with the project team on the overall MEL implementation (Capacity development, planning, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of the program)
· Closely work with the FHI 360 MEL team on MEL aspects of the organization as appropriate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Good technical skills in the areas of MEL, including system establishment and maintenance.
· Sound skills in analyzing, synthesizing, documenting and presenting results of epidemiologic and behavioral research in the field of Public Health -including HIV/AIDS- and Social Welfare Development.
· Knowledge on ongoing and emerging issues in relation to Public Health and Social Welfare Development
· Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding Public Health -including HIV/AIDS- and Social Welfare Development.
· Strong capacity building skills
· Well-developed written and oral communication skills in Amharic, English and the working language for the region s/he assigned. Other Ethiopian language skills are an advantage.
· Willingness to travel to the field regularly
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
· MSCc in statistics, information technology, or other related fields
· University degree in statistics, information technology, or other related fields
· Proven experience in database management and research.
· At least 3-5-year experience for MSc in MEL and quality assurance, quality improvement of social welfare development programs
· At least 7-10-year experience for Degree in MEL and quality assurance, quality improvement of social welfare development programs
· Experience in the planning and facilitation of training
· Fluent in spoken and written Amharic, English and the working language for the region, Other Ethiopian language skills are an advantage.
· Excellent communication skills
· Good oral, written and comprehension skills
· Skilled in using application software such as MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel and SPSS, DHIS2
· Experience in using tablet/mobile based data collection
How to Apply
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to email their updated resume and cover letter to [email protected] to be received by April 29/2019.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted
Please not that you should write the position title you are applying for in the Subject line. Failure to do this will lead to application disqualified.