Mercy Corps Jobs in Ethiopia : Market System Officer
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Mercy Corps Ethiopia
- Location: Gode, ሶማሌ ክልል, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia - Sales/Marketing Jobs in Ethiopia
Mercy Corps is an International Humanitarian organization operating Water and Sanitation, Economic Development, Livelihoods, Capacity Building, Emergency Response, Health and Nutrition, and similar sectors in the regions of SNNPR, Somali, Oromia, Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa. Mercy Corps works with communities, public and private sectors to implement appropriate relief, recovery and development interventions. Mercy Corps Ethiopia invites motivated and qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant position.
Position Title: Market System Officer
Number of Positions: One
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Mercy Corps is a consortium member for a program, Innovative Approaches to Building Resilience for Vulnerable Populations in Ethiopia, funded by the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) and led by the World Food Programme (WFP) in Somali Region. The program comprises four components; within this consortium, Mercy Corps’ role is in the third and fourth components which involve strengthening market systems in Somali Region: for pastoralists in Shabelle Zone and for refugees and host communities in Dollo Ado..
The Market Systems Officer will facilitate and implement market system related activities of the project through its second phase, from assessment and activities selection and planning to implementation of activities to providing recommendations to represent Mercy Corps and WFP in scaling up and rolling out activities even further.
The Market Systems Officer will also be a member of the MC Economic and Markets Development (EMD) Team, which uses market systems development to stimulate economic growth to create wealth and jobs for the poorest while maximizing investment from the private and public sectors. As a member of the EMD team, the Market Systems Officer will contribute analytical thinking and innovative approaches and will support integration and harmony of approaches across all Mercy Corps Ethiopia market-driven programming. The EMD team is also expected to contribute up to 20% of its collective time towards new program development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Market Systems Officer is responsible to facilitate implementation of MC’s thematic areas of financial systems development. Key job functions include the following:
- Participate market assessment validation and activities planning workshop, which will involve all key stakeholders.
- Be part of the project team to develop detailed plan for implementation of selected activities, including roles, timeframe, desired outcomes
- Participating to develop, implement, monitor progress of work plans that can be adaptively managed
- Represent MC lead component of the project by guiding implementation of activities as implemented by WFP
- Facilitate key relationships within the four market systems.
- Ensure that market systems work captures and responds to up-to-date information about market developments within respective market systems and global best practices for Economic & Markets Development.
- Prepare all required documentation and reporting required and submit to Market System Specialist
- Regularly visit field activities to assess progress and provide formal and informal feedback.
- Ensures CNs and resultant Activity Reports are developed to the appropriate standard
- Adhere to Mercy Corps, donor and government policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Deep understanding and mastery of Markets4Poor approach and Economic & Markets Development facilitation including coaching, relationship building, communicating, entrepreneurialism/business understanding and innovating.
- Familiar with all aspects of the relevant market systems including key actors, micro-financial institutions (MFIs), banks, Insurances, information service providers, inputs suppliers, producers, traders, intermediary and terminal markets governance frameworks (formal and informal); and all support markets and functions;
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration, agribusiness, or other related field, or commensurate private sector or field experience is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in private sector or working with other agencies in market systems facilitation, agribusiness or financial services
- Fluent in English and Somali
- Business minded, entrepreneurial, adaptive, curious, great problem solving skills, unafraid to ask questions, and results motivated.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and networking skills with a wide range of private, partner and NGO-sector actors
Computer literate especially in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
How to Apply
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications submitted to the Mercy Corps office include a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicants personal inquiries are not permitted.
Only candidates that are short listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women.”
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: January 13, 2019/ 4:00 PM
Please send non-returnable applications and credentials to one of the following address:
Mercy Corps Recruiter
Addis Ababa: P.O. Box 14319
Arbaminch: P.O. Box 33 , Jijiga: P.O. Box 225
Negelle Borena: P.O. Box 116
Dire Dewa: P.O. Box 974
Yabello: P.O Box 185