Mercy Corps Jobs in Ethiopia : Braced- Climate Knowledge Management Specialist
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Mercy Corps Ethiopia
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Mercy Corps is an International Humanitarian organization operating Water and Sanitation, Economic Development, Livelihoods, Capacity Building, Emergency Response, Health and Nutrition, and similar sectors in the regions of SNNPR, Somali, Oromia, Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa. Mercy Corps works with communities, public and private sectors to implement appropriate relief, recovery and development interventions. Mercy Corps Ethiopia invites motivated and qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant position.
Position Title: BRACED- Climate Knowledge Management Specialist
Location : Addis Ababa
Number of Positions: One
Under the direction and management support from Building Resilience and Adaptation to Climate Extremes and Disaster (BRACED) Deputy Chief of Party, the Climate Knowledge Exchange Specialist is responsible to the proper positioning of Mercy Corps Roles for the development of ‘climate information sharing policy framework’ in partnership with BRACED-X Policy consortium member organizations by facilitating the implementation of BRACED-X policy project activities from MC side, fostering partnership among climate services actors, and progress tracking & documentation of lessons in climate services. This post will have roles in directly implementing technical activities of climate information sharing & actively participating policy framework development implemented by Christiane Aid, NMA, Mercy Corps and Farm Africa. In addition, the role will contribute to the proper representation of Mercy Corps in the consortium and establish strong linkage with government, donors, and other key stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Project Coordination, Achievement and Harmonization
2. Establishing and maintaining effective partnership
3. Representation and Communication
DESCRIPTIVE JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Actively engage in (and facilitate) climate knowledge related joint research initiatives within the BRCED –X Policy consortium;
· Facilitate the BRCED –X POLICY project activities and produce report regularly;
· Facilitate proper delivery of climate workshop programs in the BRCED –X POLICY, document the workshops’ outputs and track changes realized as a result of the workshop;
· Foster partnership among climate services actors;
· Track progress and document lessons in climate services;
· Actively engage with consortium partnership coordinator and consortium member organizations in the coordination of technical activities of climate information sharing policy framework development;
· Represent Mercy Corps to engage with and promote its role in climate information sharing policy framework development at national and regional levels;
· Establish strong linkage with government, donors, and other stakeholders; and
· Other tasks assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· MSc degree in field of climatology, meteorology, agro-meteorology, hydro-meteorology or equivalent;
· Above five years of professional experiences in climate knowledge management relevant fields;
· Solid understanding and experiences in climate risk analysis; weather forecasting; climate modelling and down-scaling techniques;
· High level technical and professional competence on integrating climate information with other sectors and livelihoods such as agriculture and environmental resources management;
· Proven skills in conducting climate research, climate knowledge generation, and communication;
· Excellent inter-personal skills and nurturing partnership among development actors Experiences of working in different regions of Ethiopia and practical understanding of the different livelihood and climate regimes in the country;
· Previous experiences in managing partnerships with international actors.
How to Apply
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications submitted to the Mercy Corps office include a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicants personal inquiries are not permitted.
Only candidates that are short listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women.”
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: January 13, 2019/ 4:00 PM
Please send non-returnable applications and credentials to one of the following address:
Mercy Corps Recruiter
Addis Ababa: P.O. Box 14319
Arbaminch: P.O. Box 33 , Jijiga: P.O. Box 225
Negelle Borena: P.O. Box 116
Dire Dewa: P.O. Box 974
Yabello: P.O Box 185