KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide evidenced based primary care, preventive, curative, promotive and rehabilitative to all eligible family and staff members as established by the ET CO.
- Provide first-aid and emergency response and care to the staff and their recognized dependents.
- Perform diagnostic and laboratory tests such as: ECG and rapid laboratory (malaria RDT, urine dipstick, etc).
- Assist in the follow-up of previously diagnosed chronic medical conditions for which treatment has already been started.
- Provide early detection in mental health cases and arrange referral to appropriate specialists to facilitate proper treatment and follow up support.
- Dispense generic medications properly according evidenced based medicine, in line with international standards and reviewing instructions with patients.
- Administer medication, injection, vaccination, initiate intravenous fluids fluid, dressing, stitching, minor foreign body extraction, and other medical procedures as prescribed.
- Provide COVID19 guidelines and follow up the staff and their dependents by providing testing, covid mitigation measures and follow up of isolated cases.
- Rotate to sub office locations to perform the above and reporting on the health status of staff and local (emergency) medical support options.
- Participate in UN COVID19 vaccination campaign as requested, collecting data and sending reports as required.
- Work with and technically support the screening nurses on COVID19 related issues as well as support them when dealing with any medical issues in coordination with head doctor.
- Consult with the Head Doctor when a given presenting problem goes beyond scope of practice/experience
- Maintain electronic medical records of patients in locked and secured manner with regular backup.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regards to patient’s medical records, patient management and treatment.
- Assist in coordinating and providing to Head Doctor or UN Agency Doctors the essential clinical information for medical evacuations as needed.
- Provide medical emergency care and in providing medical support during evacuation and repatriation and advise evacuees on the requirements for evacuation and/or escorting patients if needed.
- Determine patient disposition when necessary (e.g. continued observation and primary treatment, referral, medical evacuation or other);
- Be available and on-call for consultation 24 hours.
- Plan health promotion and illness/injury prevention training campaigns for WFP and other UN agency employees in coordination with the WFP Wellness Division.
- Facilitate referral to appropriate qualified specialist or to other qualified hospitals/private clinics, as required.
- Participate in weekly peer review meetings with Head Doctor to review clinical cases.
- Ensure preparedness of employees travelling on missions or reassignments, including administration of appropriate vaccines, instructions on malaria prophylaxis and other travel- related ailments; Perform other related duties as required.
Medical Administrative Duties
- Recommend medical evacuation when required to the Head Doctor or regional medical doctor.
- Undertake Entry, Periodic/Exit Medical Examinations, provide certificate for Sick Leave when appropriate, make recommendations for Medical Travel as needed.
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality by not sharing medical records with agency/employer Ensure proper follow up and if required, referral on all cases.
- Document all case findings, referrals, and follow up; Establish good relations with reliable hospitals and private medical facilities.
- Ensure that proper medical records are kept in a strictly confidential manner.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Head Doctor or EMAT project manager.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of the EMAT Clinic Pharmacies, medical/diagnostic supplies, equipment, and consumables requesting replenishment before running out and sending inventory report to the project manager as required.
- Maintain a 24-hour roster of available specialists for referral and treatment.
- Check equipment and supplies at every rotation and maintains them in working order.
- Ensure that any single use medical instruments are properly disposed of any reusable medical instruments are properly sterilized.
- Maintain the clinic in a neat, clean, well-organized condition.
- Sending timely and accurate consultation report and other activity reports to the project manager as requested.
- Participate in internal meetings and in external meeting representing EMAT as requested.
- Perform other related duties as required.