Meal Manager – Sponsorship at Save The Children
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|MEAL Manager – Sponsorship|
Place of Work
Monthly Salary in ETB
As per the organization Scale
No. of Positions
Length of Contract
Two years with possibility of extension
Under direct supervision of the Sr. Project Manager, the MEAL Manager; will coordinate MEAL related activities focusing on Save the Children and Sponsorship projects activities and other programs/projects being implemented in Save the Children (SC) Waghimra Field-Office. S/he is responsible to ensure that the delivery of the programs is in line with SC approach, Donor requirement, SC MEAL Framework and specific programmatic approaches. S/he will ensure & strengthen that strong MEAL system is in place so that the implementation of the programs is of high quality to accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develop and implement a work plan for rolling out the MEAL system at program and regional level.
- Provide technical support to Sr. Project Managers on developing and implementing M&E plans.
- Support project staff to collect good quality monitoring data in a timely manner and collate / organize data received for reporting to the country office and area office.
- Closely work with the MEAL team in Addis and other field level MEAL staff on the design and roll-out of standardized monitoring tools and methodologies.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building for project staff and partners’ staff on development and use of MEAL tools and methodologies.
- Ensure that regular reports are generated from monitoring data and that findings are communicated effectively to appropriate persons and units.
- Conduct qualitative M&E (against international standards through participatory methodologies (including child-friendly methodologies).
- Provide technical support and participate as required in all other aspects of MEAL, for example surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
- Lead on accountability activities, including the development and use of information materials and the establishment of a pilot complaints response mechanism. This may include management of an Accountability Assistant, ensuring that complaints are logged and addressed in a professional and timely manner and that serious complaints relating to abuse, exploitation and corruption and referred appropriately.
- Serves as focal person for the implementation of Knowledge Management and Learning (KML), gender, and child safeguarding policies/procedures
- Provide inductions to new staff on MEAL and work with all staff in the organisation to increase capacity in Accountability through training and direct support.
- Promote learning throughout the Field office, particularly on issues of programme quality. Regularly produce and report on best practices and case studies; ensure new analysis and information is available, including for the forthcoming communications strategy
- Ensure that children, women and other vulnerable community members are included in all MEAL activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· BA/BSc in social science or related fields.
· At least 6 years of related experience and the position holder will be required to have at least two years of experience in monitoring and evaluation & managing sponsorship and Education related programs in NGO setting. And out of each 2 years in managerial position
· Excellent communication, interpersonal & report writing kills.
· Excellent oral and written communication in English and Local language advantageous.
· Computer skills, especially Basic Microsoft Offices & SPSS is necessary.
· Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
· Proven initiative and ability to work independently and as a team.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through [email protected] before or on April 05, 2019.
a. A CV (not more than 3 pages)
b. A cover letter (not more than one page)
c. A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You should provide them upon request otherwise your application will reject.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL ensuring that the job title is clearly stated in the cover letter. All applications should be received within 10 working days of this advertisement.
We need to keep children safe and as such, our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicants, if invited for written exam or interview.