MEAL Manager at Save The Children
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save The Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Regional Nutrition Project Manager is responsible for coordinating all Nutrition program activities in the region. He/she will also support the cross functionality, coordination and standardization of program implementation and that quality of program is adhere to standard guideline. He/she will be expected to coordinate with other thematic project managers to improve planning, implementation; monitoring and reporting processes as they pertain to Growth through Nutrition program activities. The incumbent works closely with other thematic managers and the government structure to ensure program integration at all level. The Manager is expected to concurrently track physical implementation against activity plan and budget utilization under Growth through Nutrition component. He/she will manage Growth through Nutrition zonal coordinators; work closely with them to ensure quality of program implementations and timely completion of the planned activities. He/she is also expected to form a good working relationship with the government, coordinate with Feed the Future partners and other nutrition partners to ensure the functionality of multisectoral nutrition coordination at regional and woreda levels.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Growth through Nutrition) – is five year multi-sector nutrition project in Ethiopia (2016-2021). It is
a follow-on Activity to USAID’s flagship multi-sector nutrition project—Empowering New
Generations to Improve Nutrition and Economic opportunities (ENGINE). Save the Children in
partnership with its Government partner’s (FMoH, RHB, RB of agriculture and natural resource and
livestock, BOWE and BOE) and International NGOs and local NGOs drives the implementation of
Growth through Nutrition using a powerful, multi-sector platform comprised of evidence-based
nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive interventions.
The purpose of the USAID Growth through Nutrition activity is to improve the nutritional status of
women and young children in the four productive regions with a focus on the first 1,000 days from
pregnancy to a child’s second birthday—the critical window of opportunity for a child’s growth and
development. The development hypothesis for this Activity is: if sustained access to diverse, safe, and
quality foods is achieved and optimal nutrition, WASH, and agriculture behaviours are adopted and
quality nutrition services are utilized and access to WASH products and services is improved and
multi-sector coordination and GOE capacity to implement effective nutrition and WASH programs
is strengthened, then the nutritional status of women and young children will be improved. Growth
through Nutrition has four essential cross-cutting elements: Gender equality and women’s
empowerment, a rigorous learning agenda, sustainable approaches, and convergence/overlay of
multi-sector nutrition interventions (e.g. agriculture, livelihoods, education, health, humanitarian
assistance) and WASH activities in the same geographic areas.
USAID Growth through Nutrition will build on ENGINE’s investments in 83 Agricultural Growth
Program (AGP) (food secure) and 17-non AGP (food insecure) and will target at least 80 food
secure woredas and 20 food insecure woredas (PSNP and emergency hot spot woredas) in the in
USAID/Ethiopia’s Feed the Future Zone of Influence of Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray.
The Nutrition Project Manager is responsible for coordinating all Nutrition program activities in
the region. He/she will also support the cross functionality, coordination and standardization of
program implementation and that quality of program is adhere to standard guideline. He/she will be
expected to coordinate with other thematic project managers to improve planning, implementation;
monitoring and reporting processes as they pertain to Growth through Nutrition program activities.
The incumbent works closely with other thematic managers and the government structure to
ensure program integration at all level. The Manager is expected to concurrently track physical
implementation against activity plan and budget utilization under Growth through Nutrition
component. He/she will manage Growth through Nutrition zonal coordinators; work closely with
them to ensure quality of program implementations and timely completion of the planned activities.
He/she is also expected to form a good working relationship with the government, coordinate with
Feed the Future partners and other nutrition partners to ensure the functionality of multisectoral
nutrition coordination at regional and woreda levels.
Duties and responsibilities:
Program Planning and implementation
· Participate in and develop annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly implementation plans for Health and nutrition component of GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION
· Ensure that Nutrition zonal coordinators have annual, quarterly and monthly plans by specific target areas. Mange and support zonal MNCH coordinators under his/her supervision.
· Ensure that Nutrition zonal coordinators have taken the initiative to integrate quality improvement program into nutrition services.
· Ensure that Nutrition zonal coordinators have closely followed up the implementation of quality improvement work plan in pilot woredas.
· Ensure that continues quality improvement system in place at pilot health centres
· In collaboration with Regional M&E Manager, ensure mapping, planning, quality implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the Nutrition and health components of the GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION program
· In collaboration with the regional GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION coordinator and ensure financial plan is prepared and included in the POP.
· Ensure that program requests from zonal coordinators plan is timely reviewed and submitted for approval with strong follow up on quality implementation
· Technically support regional, Woreda, and local stakeholders, and partners to assess needs related to nutrition and support the implementation of GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION in the region.
· Conduct training needs assessment at woreda level to identify the gap and take action accordingly.
· Support RHB/Zone health Offices in mentoring and follow-up of the trained HW and community in implementing planned nutrition activities at all level( zones, facility community)
· Ensure health workers in selected health facilities for implementation of GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION are trained as per national guideline
· Ensure the provision of appropriate mentoring and on job training for Health workers at targeted Health facilities using agreed tools
· Ensure that resources allocated reached the right beneficiaries, for the right objective in the right time
· Ensure that all donor compliance and save the children rules and regulations are strictly followed during day to day program operations
· Act as a regional focal person for SCI implemented WASH activities
Coordination and networking
· Work closely with other thematic managers and senior program managers to ensure coordination among partners, SCI nutrition and resilience projects and Growth through Nutrition technical specialists to ensure quality of project implementation and timely completion of the activities.
· Ensure the integration of gender equality and women’s empowerment, a rigorous learning agenda, sustainable approaches, and most importantly convergence/overlay of multi-sector nutrition interventions (e.g. agriculture, livelihoods, education, health, humanitarian assistance) in the same geographic areas
· Coordinate the activities field office Nutrition zonal coordinators ; lead monthly and quarterly regional planning and ensure that weekly schedules, logistics and travel plans are coordinated and completed timely,
· Coordinate with GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION core regional team in order to manage the project and area operations by working closely with the technical team, with zonal coordinators to ensure quality of interventions and timely completion of activities.
· Ensure that Nutrition multisectoral coordination is strengthened, coordinate with livelihood/agriculture team to mainstream nutrition in to agriculture and program activities are coordinated at all levels
· Ensure GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION program integration with other nutrition related programs implemented by the field office
· Ensure that GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION activities included in woreda annual implementation plans
· Strengthen coordination and networking with feed the future partners
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
· Mange and support zonal MNCH coordinators under his/her supervision.
· Ensure and manage appropriate staffing within area of responsibility
· Ensure all direct reporting team have accurate and up –to- date JD
· Sets standard and agreed performance objectives for all direct reports, monitor progress regularly and document
· Conducts midterm and end line performance review, documents and submits to HR
· Ensure all new recruited staff gets Fraud, SS and Child safeguarding training and monitor the progress
· Ensure staff submit accurate time sheet on monthly basis on time
· Incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building process. Establish result based system and follow up.
· Conduct supportive supervisions and provide responsive support as assure quality and timeliness of activities at regional level
Documentation and reporting
· Ensure that Zonal Nutrition coordinators regularly report as per the required standard and receive regular feedback.
· Prepare weekly/biweekly updates, monthly and quarterly ,bi annual and annual report and submit on timely manner to the regional manger
· In collaboration with M&E coordinator, ensure that appropriate documentation of beneficiary profiles, inputs, trainings and nutrition and health related case stories
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
BSc Degree in Health Officer, Nursing, Communications, Health Promotion.
A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in community mobilization activities for BCC programs, ideally in nutrition, health or related technical areas;
Experience working effectively with local NGO/CSOs/FBOs
Proven ability to work in a team, with good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate community leaders, health extension workers, AEWs.
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
Willingness to work with district government officials, local NGO/CSOs and frequently travel to rural communities
An understanding and commitment to Save the Children values
Strong results orientation
Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
Excellent spoken and written English and local languages
Good computer skills (particularly Excel, Word) and internet skills
Female applicants are highly encourged
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the