Logistics Officer at Médecins Du Monde -France
- Company: Médecins Du Monde -France
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Afar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
Context of the mission
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Médecins du Monde (MDM) is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response.
Hierarchical & Functional links
The post holder will perform her/his tasks and duties under the supervision of the Logistics Manager/Coordinator.
He/she will work closely with the Logistics manager/Coordinator in order to fulfil his/her duties.
Manages: Daily workers, subcontract works and services
Collaborates with different departments in capital.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Based in Semera, the Logistics officer will be responsible for supporting the Logistics manager/Coordinator with day to day tasks and activities and adequate logistics support to Addis covid-19 response and the Ethiopian mission / Coordination, the implementation of humanitarian program, in the respect of MDM procedures and donors’ requirements:
Mainly responsible for supporting and implementing Log watsan for covid-19 response in Afar Region.
Perform and implement IPC measures and provide technical support in the field level.
- Support the Logistics manager/Coordinator in the planning and ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity in watsan and logistics activities
- Participates in any emergency activity or exploratory visit, being prepared to intervene directly.
- Quantify the materials needed for the proposed and agreed works for the response
- Setup circuits, pathways, handwashing points, waste management in the supported centres and community level
- Provide technical support on the spot to set up the pathways, circuits, waste segregation, minimum standard of IPC measures
- Implement and follow up the SOPs of cleaning, laundry and waste management in the field
- Support daily after work the waste management, PPE cleaning and vehicle cleaning and disinfection
- Support the donation of IPC materials and hygiene kits for supported centres and communities
- Informs the Logistic manager/coordinator in case any abnormalities and problem encountered
- Manages logistics activities in capital office up on the request of Log manager/Coordinator
- Support in fixing, maintenance and repairs in the capital office
Contract duration: 12 weeks
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organization and motivated by its non-statutory.
- Essential, secondary education; Degree in Technical field or Wash desired
- Two years previous experience in Logistics and wash in INGOs environment
Languages: English and Amharic essentials
Essential knowledge of use of computer including processing of documents (Word, Excel) , good driving skill with renewed driving license, very good communication, negotiation and organizational skills, flexibility, versatility, attention to detail, ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment, quick decision-making and prompt action, open-mindedness, curiosity, openness to new ideas, creativity, smart appearance, dynamism.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application letter including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees through [email protected] email. If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF by writing the job title on the subject line.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing Date : June 15, 2020