Logistics Officer-Capacity Building at Catholic Relief Services
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio ranging from very large food-supported emergency response to cutting edge development programs. The current CRS/Ethiopia budget stands at $100 million with funding from the U.S. Government, UN agencies, private foundations, individual donors, and CRS private funds.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position Title: Logistics Officer-Capacity Building
Department: Supply Chain
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Employment Term: Indefinite period contingent upon funding of the JEOP/DFSA Program
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Application Deadline: May 7, 2019
You will provide technical analysis and support in the area of Commodity and Capacity Building in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) policies and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practice to Title II Commodity staff, and CRS partners to advance the delivery of high-quality of Commodity management to the poor and vulnerable. Working closely with Supply Chain Manager and Logistics Manager your skills and knowledge will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ Title II Commodity programming is across the globe.
- Research and analyze technical information from a variety of sources for technical problems to support CP teams in achieving technical excellence in ongoing Commodity and Capacity Building programs/projects.
- Support the development of Title II commodity management documents and tools, as well as technical manuals or guidance, training materials, and quality improvement and assessment guidelines.
- Collect and disseminate Commodity and Capacity Building related information and resources to CRS staff and partners and assist with organization, design and coordination of training workshops to support capacity building efforts. Identify new approaches and methods for online learning.
- Contribute to the learning agenda by researching and analyzing information, conducting literature reviews, mappings or information gathering from various internal and external sources on assigned topics. Coordinate maintenance of virtual resource and documentation distribution and creating awareness on the utilization of these documents.
- Coordinate in capacity gaps and weakness in internal control system related with the commodity management within CRS and partners, facilitate the training to address and create awareness relying to the new system and development on food commodity management according the donor procedure and CRS polices.
- Coordinate and facilitate on procuring warehouse equipment and warehouse documentations to comply on the need of each CRS PDP and consolidate weekly commodity movement reports as per requirements.
- Liaison and assist to ensure the performance of periodic checks in CRS/Partner offices, processes to strengthen systems in CRS and implements recommendations for improved systems to ensure that CRS is in compliance with CRS and donor standards.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Positions):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
*Trusting Relationships *Professional Growth *Partnership *Accountability
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- MA/MSC or BA/BSc Degree in a relevant field.
- 3 years of relevant experience for MA/MSC and 6 years of experience of BA/BSC is required.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- General knowledge of technical principles and concepts in Commodity and Capacity Building.
- Knowledge of program design requirements and regulations of major donors.
- Knowledge of project design and proposal development.
- Knowledge of latest technological tools that have the potential to be applied in Commodity and Capacity Building.
- Strong English writing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, knowledge-sharing networks.
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking capacity and skills
- Good writing skills
- Strong data collection and research skills and ability to interpret and analyze data
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
How to Apply
Please enter via https://form.myjotform.com/91143813394558 to fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV and application letter only before the application deadline May 7, 2019.
Applications should be submitted by May 7, 2019 up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted.
These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
Note: CRS is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.