Logistics Assistant at ACTED
- Company: ACTED
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Benishangul Gumuz
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia - Procurement jobs in Ethiopia
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Logistics Assistant Position in Benishangul Gumz, Ethiopia.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Logistics Officer , the Logistics Assistant ensures that s/he performs transparent and efficient logistic activities for ACTED programmes in Benishangul Gumz
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1. Stock/Warehouse Management:
- Ensure all commodities and goods are well organized in the stock by project/program
- Ensure all commodities and goods have stock cards and registered in “Stock Situation Report”;
- Ensure all commodities for stock commodities IN/OUT have “Stock Request” form, “Waybill or Reception Voucher” and properly recorded in “Stock Cards” and “Stock Situation Report”;
- Ensure the tidiness and well protection of goods/commodities in stock and monthly stock inspection form is filled in by (non-logistic member) regularly;
- Ensure the safety and security of stock/Warehouse and ACTED commodities/goods within stock; – check the fire extinguishers are in working condition in stock, control the entrance and exit door locks etc.)
- The Logistic assistant is assisting the team in all procurements for ACTED in Benishangul Gumz and his key responsibilities listed but not limited below:
- To receive Order form – cross check the items and ensure the OF (Order Form) is filled with clear descriptions, delivery timeline, delivery location as well as the budget has validated by Finance;
- To ensure to respect ACTED procurement procedures for each purchase
- To find and Prepare the list of successful suppliers
- To ensure fair and transparent selection of suppliers in each procurement;
- To prepare procurement memo, contracts, purchase orders based on fair and transparent negotiation with suppliers/contractors;
- To follow with Finance on weekly basis contract follow up (CFU) to ensure all procurement contracts under scenario (C, D and E) is registered and recorded
- Collecting quotations from potential supplier
- Updating the status of the orders with the Order Follow Up (OFU)
3. Delivery Follow up
- To ensure all procurement has been followed by delivery follow up (waybills, reception vouchers and packing list).
- To follow with field to send the signed waybill, reception vouchers and packing list after delivery IMMEDIATELY.
- To attach and file each delivery forms (waybill, reception voucher and packing list) with each relevant purchase documents in designated folder.
- To ensure the received quantity in the waybill(s) corresponds with the purchase documents and Order Form (OF)
a. Logistic Folders:
- To create and update regularly the procurement folders for each ongoing programs based on purchase scenarios (e.g. 1 folder for all Scenario A and B and one folder for all Scenario C, D and E)
- To create and or update the Order form follow up folders (open order form to be placed in this folder)
- To update the procurement folders regularly and ensure that all procurement documents are collected with high attention on transparency and ACTED Finance, Logistics, Admin, Transparency (FLAT) guidelines
5. Support in Fleet management
- Make separate binders for each vehicle and then file all necessary documents (i.e. copy of rental car contract, copy of fuel slips, with all bills and documents, car monthly log book, fuel consumption follow up, accident form with attached documents etc.
- Create a binder for all vehicle fuel consumption report;
- Ensure all vehicles are in good condition and ready for use;
- Organize the driver duty schedule and ensure the movement of board is filled in regularly
- Follow up of staff movement between area and sub offices and Area and capital offices;
- Supervise the fuel consumption of each car and report directly to
- Provide the monthly report to Capital logistic and file copy of fuel consumption report in “Transport follow up” binder.
- Support in Asset management
Make sure assets are managed appropriate
- Keep asset register updated
- Communicate timely asset needs
- Perform other tasks as requested by ACTED Management
6. Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
- The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work with are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner.
- Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies.
Subordination : The employee works under the hierarchic supervision of the Logistics Officer
- Degree/Higher Diploma preferably in Business Administration or related field and two years experience in working with International NGOs in the similar level.
- Motivated and create in approaches to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relationships
- Excellent communication skills, personable and articulate
- Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken
- Local language is a mandatory requirement
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Computer literate and with excellent IT Knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in overall responsibility and accountability for the logistical and administration management of an organization;
- Good public Relations with strong negotiation skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your application with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 9 February. 2023