Livelihood/Livestock Expert at CISP (Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Popoli )
- Company: CISP (Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Popoli )
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Moyale - Somali Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
The Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Popoli (CISP) (International Committee for the Development of People) is a NGO established in 1983 in Rome, Italy and currently operating in 30 countries in various parts of the world. CISP has been operating in Ethiopia since 1986 through relief, rehabilitation and development projects. In collaboration with various local partners CISP is actively implementing projects in Ethiopia in the area of humanitarian assistance, agriculture, food security, livelihood, DRR, WASH, education, Youth and Women Development and other social development projects.
CISP in partnership with PC (Pastoralist Concern- Local NGO) proposes to address the immediate needs of people affected by conflict, drought and desert locust in Moyale woreda of Dawa Zone, Somali region in the sectors of Education, Livelihood/livestock and nutrition. The overall objective of the project is to support conflict and drought affected students, IDPs and Host Communities in dignity and sustains life by offering safes spaces for learning, access to protection and livelihood in Dawa zone. The project is funded by UNOCHA-EHF.
- Analyze the geographical areas of interest in the operational woreda according to humanitarian needs and vulnerable population context and prepare action plan that match with the project proposal,
- In consultation with the rest of the team and partners, and in alignment to the project document, develop clear targeting criteria; and ensure the same is clearly communicated to target communities
- Plan and implement Livestock/livelihood activities such as: Assessments and surveillance interventions, facilitation of livestock vaccination, restocking and capacity building to the government vet clinic and animal health workers.
- Ensure technical guidance of programme implementation in the operational areas through regular field visits and according to donor’s requirements and CISP-in internal procedures and programme standards.
- Organize joint monitoring and review sessions with relevant stakeholders; produce, document and disseminate learnings out of these joint monitoring and review in the livelihood sector;
- Actively participate on field review, which is conducted jointly with field office coordinator, field finance and admin officer regularly every month for all projects under his responsibilities.
- Document and disseminate learnings, best practices, and human-interest stories.
- Prepare and share humanitarian context situation reports on regular bases for field office and humanitarian team at country office as deemed as necessary,
- Ensure the preparation and writing of food security and livelihood proposals and donor reports (log frame, narrative, budget) together with the MEL team and in link with the support team.
- Support the organization and facilitation of training sessions for community animal health workers and assisted communities.
- Closely coordinate and collaborate with other technical and administrative staffs.
- Liaising CISP on meetings related to his/her job organize by the local government, cluster or donor at field level,
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned to him by his immediate supervisor.
Behavioral & Accountability
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly,
Creativity and Initiative
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
Planning and Organizing
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals
- Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes CISP’s core mandate.
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team’s work
Place of work: Moyale, Dawa zone –Somali Region
No. of position: 1
Length of Contract: Eight Months
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Masters degree /BSC. degree in Livestock husbandry, agriculture, rural development, and other closely related field
- Working knowledge in acute emergency context highly required
- Minimum of three years experience for MSC and seven years for in the humanitarian context in relevant work experience essential.
- Open, creative, experienced, mature, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive, energetic, interested.
- Knowledge of donors policies and guidelines specially EHF.
- Good stress management in tense and difficult environment.
- Knowledge of local language (Somali), culture and context.
- Experience of managing donor (s) funded projects or programs; NGO experience
INITIATIVE AND PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS
- Ability to capitalize on past experience and information available within the organization in order to become self-sufficient and autonomous quickly.
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
ADAPTABILITY AND FLEXIBILITY
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself.
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programmes).
- Ability to live and work within a team and respect the rules of collective living.
MOTIVATION AND INVOLVEMENT
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian ideals.
- Interest in involvement beyond the job assigned i.e. active involvement in the ethos of the organisation itself.
- Ability to integrate into the local environment including awareness of political and economic aspects of the country.
PROFESSIONALISM AND MANAGEMENT
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner.
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of CISP.
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 30 September. 2021