LifeWater International Jobs in Ethiopia : Rural Water Supply Planning and Design/Construction Engineer
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Lifewater International
- Location: Oromia, Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ethiopia
As a part of the Vision of a Healthy Village (VHV) program, the rural Water Supply Planning and Design/Construction Engineer is responsible for ensuring the best hardware is selected, designed, and constructed according to quality and standards for each community, school, and health facility in the program, and accurate monitoring and follow-up at water points and of water committees is executed.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Identify existing as well as potential water supply sources in communities, primary schools, and health facilities and register in Lifewater’s data system (Akvo Flow)
- Conduct detailed site assessments for all hardware that is being planned-evaluating best options for new hardware
- Prepare design, drawings and detail bills of quantities, procurement plan and budget estimates for the proposed community water supply systems in all intervention sites
- Construct all hardware according to the plan and design and ensure quality of construction conforms to the minimum standards set by Lifewater International
- Use participatory approaches throughout the program cycle, in feasibility study of proposed water source, construction, training, and monitoring.
- Provide training to WASH committees and foremen/local artisans in collaboration with Sanitation and Hygiene Promoters
- Ensure proper handover of all the constructed water systems to the concerned government bodies with full of recording data at the right time
- Conducts water quality analyses (bacteriological, chemical and physical) for all water points before consumption by the respective users
- Participate in needs assessments, baseline studies, monitoring and evaluation and apply findings to effectively implement the project
- Ensure all the construction materials procured for water supply are used efficiently
- Carryout any other assignment as may be required by the Regional Program Manager
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: One-year contract with possibility of extension and probation period of 45 working days.
- BSc Degree in Water Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydraulics and Hydrogeology, or related Engineering fields.
- A post graduate qualification in the above fields preferred but not required
- Additional training in Water quality testing, drilling, supervision of contractors preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of the Ethiopian government water sector policies and strategies
- Ability in working independently and with teams to produce high quality results in a multi-cultural setting.
- Competence in writing high quality reports, exhibiting detailed and professional attributes.
- Analytical skills and decision-making abilities even in complex and sensitive situations.
- Proven Engineering applications skills for Microsoft Office applications and other engineering software such as AUTO CAD, GIS, WATER CAD etc.
- At least three years of experience in delivering rural safe water solutions, including previous experience in Water Supply Systems designing, construction, planning and budgeting.
- Experience with boreholes, Rainwater harvesting systems, Gravity flows spring construction is required.
- Proven experience in surveying and long system designs or supervising such construction
- Well organized and efficient in time management when working with rural communities
- Commitment to the core values of Lifewater International and working full time in rural settings
- Strong team working skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relations at all levels both within and outside the team
- Good command of the English language; ability to speak local language (Afan Oromo)
How to Apply
Candidates who fulfill all the requirements are invited to submit their CV, copies of relevant credentials and application letter to: [email protected] within 10 days of this announcement.