LifeWater International Jobs in Ethiopia : Regional Program Manager
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Lifewater International
- Location: Oromia, Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Social Science/Community
The Regional Program Manager provides overall implementation and strategic day-to-day technical leadership, management and coordination, ensuring project team is working towards a common set of objectives and is able to effectively plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and document project outputs (as per LI, donor and local government expectations and standards). Provide technical expertise and guidance to project team on WASH activities including feasible water supply systems, SH promotion strategies and transformative development. S/he is responsible for administration of project staffs as well as efficient utilization of financial, material and time resources. The Regional Program Manager reports to the Country Director and it is a full time senior level position based in Dodola, with frequent travel to program sites in the project Kebeles.
Strategic Work Responsibilities
- Lead the Program team with passion, conviction, and in an organized, data-driven and outcomes oriented manner.
- Commitment to core values of Lifewater and ability to disciple the Lifewater Way with Program Staff
- Lead the development of detail implementation plan and guide implementation of a program and ensure monitoring progress towards program objectives
- Liaise with the LI Country Director to develop, document and operationalize all internal processes for program implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Working closely with the LI Country Director, to provide field management support to the program teams and stakeholders in the district of assignment.
- Serve as part of Country Leadership Team to support the Country Director in developing new plans, and assessing feasibilities of new/strategic areas of operation.
- Contribute to LI learning and ongoing improvements through knowledge sharing, tool improvement, documentation, strategic reviews and planning within the Country.
- Lead annual planning and budgeting for all programs and projects in the district of assignment in line with LI planning and budgeting guidelines and timelines.
Tactical Work Responsibilities
- Ensure the quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines
- Facilitate effective and relevant capacity building events for WASH programs and projects’ staff and support them in the day-to-day implementation of programs in the area of assignment.
- Manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual program plans as well as the related implementation and required progress reports.
- Operationalize agreed Lifewater program-level M&E system and ensure program and district-level utilization of M&E information.
- Monitor and manage all LI resources including program budgets and expenditures and ensure timely accountability that is in line with LI standards, policies and guidelines.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the Country Director from time to time.
- MSc/BSc in Development Studies, Natural Resources Management, Water Engineering and related fields
- Relevant training in project management, Water supply, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Ability to use computer, the internet and e-mail
- Minimum of 7 for MSc/10 years for BSc in NGO
- Excellent practical knowledge of rural development program management
- Demonstrated experience in holistic development approach
- Commitment to the core values of Lifewater International
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team setting
- Well organized and efficient in time management whenever there is task pressure
- Strong team working skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relations at all levels both within and outside the team
- Excellent command of the English language; ability to speak the local language (Afan Oromo) is mandatory
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: One year contract with possibility of extension and probation period of 45 working days.
How to Apply
Candidates who fulfill all the requirements are invited to submit their CV, copies of relevant credentials and application letter to: [email protected] within 10 days of this announcement.