Junior Agriculture Officer at Send a Cow Ethiopia
- Company: Send a Cow Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: SNNPR Jobs
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
Send a Cow is a growing and dynamic international development charity providing ongoing support to smallholder farmers in Ethiopia. We give poor families and communities the hope and the means to secure their own futures from the land, in line with our vision of a confident, thriving and sustainable rural Ethiopia.
We are recruiting a Junior Agriculture Officer for Zonal Programme in Dawuro, SNNPR.
Full time: Monday to Friday
Employment type: Fixed term contract (3 years)
No of required: 1
Job Title: Junior Agriculture officer (1)
Duration: Three years’ fixed term contract (36 months)
Location: Dawuro Zone
Reports to: Programme coordinator
Send a Cow summary
Send a Cow is a UK based charity that operates in many African countries of which Ethiopia is one. Send a Cow Ethiopia has a legal ground to operate in Ethiopia having been registered with Charities and Societies Agency as foreign charity with registration No. 0638. Currently, the charity is operating in Amhara and SNNP Regions.
Overall Job Purpose
The Junior agriculture officer is responsible to take a frontline action in implementing agricultural activities of Send a Cow’s nutrition focused project in Dawuro Zone of SNNPR. This will be through implementation of activities outlined in the project document in collaboration with the senior agriculture officer and other project staffs. He/she is responsible to ensure activities are implemented timely in a manner that will benefit farmer communities and households according to the project document and schedule set by the project team. The post holder will work under direct supervision of the Programme coordinator to improve agricultural productivity and production status of resource poor households and their families targeted by the project. He/she will directly work through community volunteers, in collaboration with other project staffs to ensure that agricultural objectives of the project are met.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop plan to implement agricultural activities stipulated in the project document on timely basis
2. Implement planned activities in an effective and efficient manner considering SAC Eth’s community approaches, gender and child sensitivity
3. Undertake instruction from the programme coordinator in favour of smooth implementation of project activities and expected to work closely with agriculture officer.
4. Ensure project beneficiary families as well as larger community members understand, internalize and adopt improved agricultural practices.
5. Ensure close participation of target families and relevant community groups in the process of project implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
6. Ensure building capacity of community volunteers, self-help groups and Cluster Level Associations (CLAs) for practical and quality implementation of project activities
7. Ensure that project beneficiary communities are given equal opportunities to access project resources.
8. To ensure knowledge and skills on agriculture become part of the practical life of SHG members, CLAs, project beneficiary households and their community at large
9. To ensure necessary technical backup are in place in line with vegetable gardening, fruit development, field crop development, and soil fertility improvement in an
environmentally sound manner
10. Prepare and submit regular progress report for his/her areas of responsibilities and assignment to the programme coordinator on regular and timely basis.
• Educational qualification of BSc in agriculture or related fields
• Minimum of 2 years of field experience in agriculture, community-based livelihood, nutrition and health program development
• Experience of living and working under difficult and challenging environments.
• Ability to design and implement plans for capacitating community volunteers and self-help groups
• Good communication skill at interpersonal and personal level
• Ability to understand agricultural information, evaluate and make use of it
• Report writing and timely information sharing
• A good level of spoken and written English.
• Knowledge of local languages (Dawurogna) is a plus
• Computer literacy
• Willingness to live and work at district (Woreda) level
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24 September. 2021