JSI – Data Use Partnership (Dup) Project Jobs in Ethiopia : Health Systems Research Scientist
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: JSI – Data Use Partnership (DUP) project
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Health Systems Research Scientist
Ethiopia–Data Use Partnership (E-DUP) seeks to recruit a highly qualified Public Health Research Scientist. E-DUP is a partnership led by Ethiopia’s Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) to enhance collection, aggregation, and use of high-quality data including routine health information at different levels to achieve FMOH’s Information Revolution agenda as stated in the Health Sector Transformation Plan.
The Research Scientist will be based in the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and works closely with the E-DUP team under the leadership and guidance of the Federal Ministry of Health. The position holder will spend significant time working with local Universities so they can play a meaningful role in supporting FMOH, Regional Health Bureaus (RHB), and selected model woredas to enhance information use at all levels of the health system.
1. Provide technical assistance and routine follow-up support to local universities so they can execute the sub-contract provided to them from E-DUP.
2. Plan and implement activities that help to facilitate translation of evidence generated by local universities for policy making and program implementation.
3. Organize need-based capacity building opportunities and forums for researchers from local Universities including twining opportunities with international Universities and organization for long-term collaborations.
4. Facilitate the provision of capacity building support by local Universities to FMOH, RHBs, and selected model Woredas to enhance the collection, aggregation, and use of routine information for decision making.
5. Participate in research design and execution including analysis and report write-up.
6. Support designing and execution of rigorous impact evaluation of the pathway that leads from increased utilization of quality data to improved service delivery and better health outcomes.
7. Coordinate efforts to share Ethiopia’s experience in the use of information widely in local and international forums.
8. Support publishing papers on local and international reputable scientific journals.
9. Organize experience sharing and learning forums among partnering local Universities.
10. Monitor implementation status of the sub-contract provided to local Universities.
11. Coordinate with E-DUP’s Grant Manager to facilitate timely disbursement of funds.
12. Engage and manage short-term consultants for research activities as needed.
13. Serve as the key research adviser for the E-DUP.
- PHD in Health Systems, Health Policy, Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Reproductive Health, Health Informatics, or related disciplines.
- Minimum of five years relevant professional experience.
- Through understanding of Ethiopia health information systems in particular and health systems in general.
- Demonstrated experience in independently leading research projects from design to execution, analysis and report write-up.
- Experience with population-based and facility-based survey data.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research background.
- Strong health information systems background is required.
- Publications in reputable scientific journals.
- Advanced data analysis skills including experience in using statistical software like SPSS, STATA, etc.
- Proven organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage a wide range of activities on a daily basis with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with people representing a wide range of personal and organizational cultures.
- English fluency is required and ability to speak Ethiopian local language is desired.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals interested in these positions can send their application documents to the following email: [email protected] · Applications should be sent via email with the subject line: " Health Systems Research Scientist [Name of Applicant]" · All application documents should be combined into one PDF file, the cover letter being the first page followed by the CV (resume) and other documents if any. Please provide us with three names with their contact addresses as references. Send only one attachment with the file name format: “your_full_name_position.pdf” N.B Applications not conforming to the above directions will NOT be considered. No phone calls, please. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All positions are for Ethiopian nationals.