IPC Nurse Supervisor at Médecins Du Monde -France
- Company: Médecins Du Monde -France
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Afar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
1. Context of the mission
Médecins du Monde (MDM) is an International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) involved in humanitarian interventions, operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response.
Currently, is implementing a program with sex workers (January 2019 – December 2021) in Afar region and Health and Nutrition 2-year project has been launched on 1 July 2019 to be implemented in Gerbo woreda of Nogob zone, Somali region.
In addition, following Covid19 epidemics in Ethiopia since March 16, MdM is supporting the local authorities on the prevention and response in the project areas plus in Addis Abeba.
2. Essential Duties
The nurse supervisor will be responsible for ensuring Infection prevention Control (IPC) practices and Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) at Dichoto, Mille and logia HC’s
Key activity areas will include:
- Support on improving IPC practices at the HC’s.
- Identify and assist on supply of materials to implement standard IPC and RCCE practices, follow up on rational use of PPE materials as per WHO/MoH recommendations.
- Capacity building of health workers of HC’s on quality IPC practices and Covid_19 prevention messages.
- Reporting on the findings of the supervisions and trainings.
3. Hierarchical & Functional links
- The nurse supervisor will be based in Semera, Afar region. S/he will be under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator based in Semera.
- And technical supervision of the Medical coordinator based in Addis Ababa.
- Support on improving IPC practices at Dichoto, Mille and logia HC’s
- Adopt/adapt COVID-19 guidelines and SOPs in the project areas and support the HC’s to implement it.
- Ensure availability of updated screening, triaging and temporary isolation SOPs, protocols and checklists at this HC’s
- Ensure availability of materials to practice screening, triaging and temporary isolation services
- Post signs in public areas reminding symptomatic patients to alert HCWs.
- Promote social distance, hand and respiratory hygiene as preventive measures.
- Support and supervise IPC nurse and health workers at this HC’s to apply universal standard precautions
Identify and assist on ensuring all necessary materials to implement standard IPC and RCCE practices are in place.
- Conduct material need assessment to ensure IPC and RCCE implementation at HC’s
- Forecast, order and follow up on availability of IPC and RCCE materials
- Assist on organization and structuring of IPC materials placement at this HC’s
- Ensure the adequate use of the IPC materials as per WHO/MoH recommendations for rational use.
Capacity building interventions:
- Train and mentor staff of HC’s on IPC protocols and RCCE for COVID-19 in line with established standards.
- Train and mentor MdM staff on applying standard precautions for COVID-19.
- Adopt and disseminate Job-Aids related to COVID-19 IPC guidance for care providers
- Develop and maintain good relationships with HC staff, local government officials and partners
- Participate on material development – eg: SOP, manual, IEC/BCC material.
Reporting and data recording
- Prepare and share weekly activity report with Program Coordinator.
- Compile and share monthly report for M&E officer and Progco.
- Support data recording and documentation.
- And, S/He will also be involved in any project related activities as requested by supervisors at the field office or the coordination.
Contract duration: 3 months
- Education: Bachelor’s degree on nursing
- Trained or work experience on IPC and health promotion/education
- At least 1 year professional experience on a similar position with an international NGO
- At list 2 years’ experience as clinical nurse
- Excellent written and spoken English language and Afar language will be a plus
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Understanding and adherence to humanitarian principles
- Excellent communication skills with sense of diplomacy
- Ability to classify and manage priorities
- High autonomous is required
- Organisational skills and Rigour
- Interest and ability to work in a team
- Able to work in difficult living conditions
Method of Application
Women are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application letter including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees through [email protected] email. If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF by writing the job title on the subject line.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing Date : June 19, 2020