Internship Opportunity for Logistic at Oxfam Great Britain
- Company: Oxfam Great Britain
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
OVERVIEW (Support Team)
The Business Support team is accountable for ensuring that all business procedures (Finance, Human Resource, Logistics and IT) are adhered to and implemented in a manner that is compliant with Oxfam policies, standards, and procedures.
In particular, the Logistics Team will provide professional, business-focused support on logistics, delivering a proactive solution-based approach for resolving issues and ensuring that the operational business requirements are effectively managed to deliver organizational results and support the achievement of program outcomes.
OBJECTIVE OF THE INTERNSHIP
The objective of this internship is to hire a Logistics intern who will be part of the logistics team in Addis Ababa. The position owner will support the logistics team on different supply and logistics activities.
The Logistics intern will be responsible for:
Working directly with the Logistics team, indirectly with partners, internal department, supplier and other stakeholders.
- Provide support and/facilitate receiving or sending goods at the warehouses or projects.
- Participate in stock reconciliation, procurement process, and partner assessment.
- Work on improving the electronic and hardcopy archiving system.
- Provide support to logistics in fleet management and tracking system.
- Assist in the planning and capturing of fleet-related data in the track point
- Assist on implementation, checking and preparation of a report as well as logistics files.
- Support Admin on organizing field visits, events, review meetings, workshops and training sessions.
- Communicate effectively with customers, carriers, and teammates (phone and email correspondence).
- Assist with the supervising and coordination of the activities of disposal of an asset, stock items, and files.
- Support on supervising and following up office and warehouse construction as well as the payment process.
- Assist with forecasting, inventory planning, scheduling, purchasing, and market assessment.
- coordinating with other departments, drivers and workers.
- Review order acknowledgments, price changes and analyze impact.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Supply plan prepared online/offline, reconciliation is done, and disposal activities finalized.
- Prepared supply document, clear/clean Helios report, a market assessment done, and a hard/soft copy archive delivered.
- Captured data and files in the digital supply chain system.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with logistics and supply chain management or any other areas that can bring added value to the post.
- Fresh graduates with no experience. Master’s degree holders who have the interest to work as an intern could also apply.
- Personable with strong communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge in the use of computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Independent worker with the ability to work in a team environment.
- High attention to detail with a bent towards data analysis.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and dependable, self-motivated.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
What can this role offer the Intern?
An opportunity to gain skills and experience in:
- Practical experience in logistics and supply chain management.
- Experience in the effective usage of digital supply chain management tools and logistics systems applying the theoretical knowledge in the area to the system.
- Experience in identifying, compiling and analyzing supply and logistics-related reports/information.
- Develop communication skills with different supply chain stakeholders.
- Planning and organizing events as well as travel.
- Opportunity to learn fleet management and report production system.
- Learning how the logistics team handles the tasks in digital supply.
- Working in a team and being supported by your manager.
- Working towards Oxfam‟s goal of overcoming poverty and suffering
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development wor
- Commitment to undertake Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adherence of relevant policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences
Note to candidates: Shortlisted candidates will be assessed on our organizational values and attributes at the interview stage. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to adhere to our code of conduct. We encourage candidates to read and understand our code of conduct here.
Method of Application
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile through https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/ on or before 14th November 2019.
Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
"Women Highly Encouraged to Apply"