Internship Opportunity for Human Resource at Oxfam Great Britain
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Oxfam Great Britain
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ethiopia
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
OVERVIEW (Support Team)
The HR team is responsible to provide a professional, business-focused organizational development and human resource management service, delivering a proactive-solutions based approach for resolving issues and ensuring that staff is effectively managed and developed to deliver organizational results, which are focused on developing capacity.
The HR Intern, particularly, will provide general Human Resource support for the department. S/he will manage different junior HR related activities including first phase recruitment processes, (appointing candidates and facilitating) and personnel file management, and other responsibilities as required under the supervision of the HR Officer/coordinator.
OBJECTIVE OF THE INTERNSHIP
The objective of this internship is to give an office exposure to a new graduate in HR who will be part of the HR team in Addis Ababa. They will also support the HR team in different HR activities.
The HR intern will be responsible for:
1. HR records and filling system
- Maintain proper staff personal files and ensure that files have up to date information on time and on a regular basis as per the personnel file checklist of the organization.
- Audit all national and global personnel files (existing and terminated staff) and check the fulfillment of all mandatory documents and inform the concerned HR Officer on time.
- Ensure quality and integrity of the HR filing system by keeping all HR records, information and files clearly labeled, organized chronologically and kept confidential.
- Assists in ordering and filing a new employee contract agreements.
2. Recruitment Process
- Prepare a draft job advertisement for authorized recruitment in liaison with the recruitment manager and HR Officer/Coordinator.
- Arrange for and coordinate assessments (date of assessments, calling shortlisted applicants, scheduling with panelists) and administering tests and ensuring all pre-employment documentation is in place accordingly.
3. Follow-up and updating
- Follow-up and makes sure that all timesheets are collected from all staff; check against the charges done by Finance and document well.
- Follow-up and record staff’s performance review and objective setting is done/or not and document it well.
4. General HR support
- Draft employment offers, contracts, and terms of reference in line with changes to employment terms and conditions if required.
- Support line management/HR in the scheduling and implementation of the induction and orientation of new employees by ensuring all relevant departments are involved.
- Respond to general staff queries and advise them on HR policies and procedures in consultation with the HR team and seek advice from and referring more complex issues to the HR team.
- Perform other tasks and support the team as required.
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
- Audit of all national and global personnel files (existing and terminated staff) is done and finalized.
- Prepared draft job advertisements for new recruitments.
- Timesheets for all staff collected and filled.
- Staff performance review and objective setting for FY 2018 and 2019 done and shared with the HR Officer and HR Coordinator.
- Drafted employment offers, contracts, and terms for new recruitments or changes.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree from a recognized University or College in Human Resources Management, Management, Business Administration, Personnel Management or any other areas that can bring added value to the post.
- Fresh graduates with no experience.
- Excellent communication skills as well as e-mail communication skills.
- Fast learner.
- Strong desire to grow professionally.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Fluent language skill (in English and Amharic both speaking & writing.)
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Energetic and able to grasp new ideas.
- Computer literate especially word and excel.
What can this role offer the Intern?
- An opportunity to gain skills and experience in Human Resources.
- Develop communication and coordination skills with different stakeholder
- Working in a team and being supported by your supervisor.
- Working towards Oxfam‟s goal of overcoming poverty and suffering.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work
- Commitment to undertake Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adherence of relevant policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences
Note to candidates: Shortlisted candidates will be assessed on our organizational values and attributes at the interview stage. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to adhere to our code of conduct. We encourage candidates to read and understand our code of conduct here.
How to Apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile through https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/ on or before 14th November 2019.
Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
"Women Highly Encouraged to Apply"