International Rescue Committee Jobs in Ethiopia : Market Systems Analyst
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Gambella, Ethiopia
- State: Gambela Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - Social Science/Community
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. The IRC has been working in Ethiopia for over 15 years implementing emergency and resilience programming in the areas of WASH, education, livelihoods, reproductive health, gender-based violence, and child and youth protection and development. In 2017, IRC provides services to approximately 405,200 refugees in 20 camps and more than one million vulnerable Ethiopians in seven regions.
SUMMARY STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DFID are planning a large market systems programme in Ethiopia: Strengthening Host and Refugee Population Economies (SHARPE). The programme aims to increase sustainability on the net economic returns to refugees and hosts communities using the market systems approach. Additionally, SHARPE will work to mitigate conflict between refugees and host communities, and generate positive spill over impacts on nutrition, and reduced vulnerability for households. The programme will last for 3-4 years and work in three areas of Ethiopia.
The Market Systems Analyst will report to the Hub Coordinator and Sector Specialists on the responsibilities outlined in role description.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake data collection on key constraints in targeted value chains and regions.
- Conduct market systems analysis in selected market systems that address the critical constraints in the respective value chains and present strategic interventions based on thorough analysis of the value chain, and enabling environment.
- Design Intervention Plans and Concept Notes at the culmination of each market systems analysis to address the priority constraints.
- Work closely with the technical advisors in the design of market interventions and roll out of activities, liaising with appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop a clear intervention justification for each intervention.
- Ensure that the documentation required by SHARPE at each stage of the project cycle is completed in an adequate and timely fashion.
- Conduct and participate in internal programme workshops and stakeholder workshops.
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders, including local government, beneficiaries, and potential partners in the sector.
- Liaise with expert team (Sector Leads, Technical Advisors) as required.
- Alongside the Intervention Manager, transition the intervention designs into implementable project options.
- Manage interventions where appropriate.
Qualifications and experience
· 4 years of Bachelor’s and 3 years Msc. degree in economics, finance, social science or business administration or related field Master’s degree preferred with supervisory skill is a plus.
· NGO experience is a plus
· Strong academic performance with advanced degree desirable
Knowledge and Experience
· Experience in undertaking value chain or market sector analysis, particularly in fish/ woods/ livestock/ agriculture sectors.
· Experience working in humanitarian situations, refugee camps and host communities desired
· Strong knowledge of the Ethiopian working environment (desired)
· Working knowledge of DFID and donor funded projects preferred
· Private sector development or value chain experience in Ethiopia
· Strong understanding of donor requirements in the implementation of complex donor-funded projects
- Strong private sector and Small Medium Enterprise analysis skills.
- High level of written and oral communication
- Ability to build relationships and understand stakeholder needs
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Basic managerial skills
- Technical and report writing skills
- Computer literate
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC – Addis Ababa Office P.O.BOX 107 Code 1110
· Please include 3 references
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for and location preference
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Salary Expectation
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.