International Organization for Migration Jobs in Ethiopia : Senior Project Assistant
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Organzation for Migration – IOM
- Location: Dire Dawa, Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
- State: Dire Dawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Under the general supervision of Emergency and Post-Crisis (EPC) Program Coordinator and the EPC Shelter/NFI Project Manager, with direct supervision by the WASH Specialist, the incumbent will coordinate, implement and monitor IOM emergency Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) projects within emergency settings in Ethiopia. In particular s/he will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. With regular field visit, support and monitor the implementation of WASH activities for IOM Ethiopia
2. Participate in general and technical assessments of WASH needs among internally displaced and disaster affected communities in coordination with government counterparts and humanitarian agencies.
3. Monitor all WASH activities are properly implemented within the activity/project timeframe
4. Contribute in the preparation of technical drawings, BoQs and IEC material when required
5. Facilitate partnership and collaboration with internal and external counterparts/stakeholders and beneficiaries
6. Liaise with WASH Cluster, national and regional government authorities, and partner agencies in the implementation of IOM activities.
7. In co-ordination with the National Officer (WASH), Coordinate with respective Warehouse Assistants responsible for stock records of materials in office stores to monitor proper utilization of materials.
8. Regularly update the National Officer (WASH) and EPC Project Manager on the progress and issues of the WASH project.
9. Participate in WASH Cluster and other relevant coordination forums
10. Prepare professionally written briefings, situation reports and ensure timely delivery of weekly and monthly reports.
11. Perform other duties as requested by the manager.
- Complete university degree in engineering, urban planning, hydrology or similar fields
- Six years’ experience required for Degree Holders ; progressively responsible experience humanitarian assistance with technical WASH components
- Experience with supervision roles for tasks of a similar nature to this assignment;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions
- Good knowledge and understanding of the humanitarian architecture in Ethiopia
- Knowledge and understanding of the WASH standards
- Ability to move freely and frequently in different areas of Ethiopia
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address [email protected], by October 26, 2018 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!