International Organization for Migration Jobs in Ethiopia : National Project Officer- Jlmp
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Organization for Migration – IOM
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Context and Scope of the Position
Under the general supervision of the JLMP Program Coordinator the National Project Officer will be responsible for the following:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide programme, administrative, logistical, other backstopping and proactively document and bring to the attention of the supervisor all incidents related to the programme which have the capacity to jeopardise the effectiveness and efficiency of programme implementation.
- Assist in maintaining strong and regular liaison with the project partners.
- Provide support to the management and implementation of the AU-IOM-ILO-ECA Joint Labour Migration Programme according to the work plan.
- Support the JLMP team work closely with all IOM regional offices in Africa to facilitate effective coordination and successful implementation of the project.
- Support the process of integrating the project through creating links with other program coordinators and staff in different units of IOM SLO.
- Contribute to the collection, analysis, and sharing of relevant information/data on labour migration for dissemination to colleagues and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support during the assessment of existing labour regulations, in Africa – Middle East and Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC) labour migration trends, bilateral labour agreements (BLAs) and challenges and other assessments of the project and provide technical inputs for policy formulation in Africa.
- Provide necessary information and documentation for the project implementation.
- Support the process of designing and development of new programme and project concepts and proposals in close coordination with the JLMP Programme Coordinator, relevant IOM missions, Regional Office (RO) Thematic Specialists.
- Support to facilitate the mainstreaming of gender issues in the regional labour migration policy frameworks, labour migration training and capacity building programmes and other initiatives of the project.
- Contribute to the development of new projects within the (Special Liaison Unit (SLU).
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
- University Degree in Economics, Law or other social science fields with two years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English. is required and Working knowledge of French has an advantage
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve the performance of self and others
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and, promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays an awareness of relevant technological solutions
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address [email protected], by January 22, 2019 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!