Information System Administrator at Amref Health Africa
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ethiopia
About Amref Health Africa
Founded in 1957 in Nairobi, Kenya, Amref Health Africa is the largest Africa-based international NGO, reaching 35 countries. We work to ensure every African can enjoy the right to health services by helping create vibrant networks of informed communities that work with empowered health care providers in strong health systems. Amref has over half a century of experience in delivering health care and building health systems in Africa, partnering with those at the heart of communities to bring lasting health change.
Amref Health Africa partners with the Government of Ethiopia and local communities to implement diversified health and WASH project portfolios throughout the country, focusing on three key programmatic areas: Reproductive Maternal, Neonatal, Child, Adolescent and Youth Health (RMNCAYH), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Communicable and Non-Communicable diseases. Currently, our organization is part of the Jhpiego led consortium working on the five years USAID Health Workforce Improvement Program (HWIP) activity. This activity addresses critical HR challenges and augment management and implementation capacity of the Government of Ethiopia entities to improve human resources for health (HRH) management practices and address low competency of health workers.
Position: Information System Administrator
Reports to: Digital Learning Technical Lead
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Information System Administrator will provide oversight to the design, development and management of the learning platform. S/he will lead the gathering of user requirements and feedback, support the development and deployment of the technology architecture and identify and action continuous improvement opportunities.
S/he is based in Jhiego’s office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and is supervised by the Digital Learning Technical Lead.
Design and Development
· Gather, analyze, document and prioritize user needs and business requirements
· Recommend appropriate customizations to the technology infrastructure, including a specifications document and road map.
· Implement the recommended customizations for the technology infrastructure
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
· Install and configure software and hardware
· Build custom reports and dashboards to support management decision making.
· Identify, plan and execute the implementation of new applications, upgrades and patches to applications.
· Set up accounts and workstations
· Act as Site Administrator for the platform and provide technical advice, tools and services to the project
· Support localization of the platform and supervise the publishing of all assets.
· Ensure maintenance of the information system by ensuring proper categorization, descriptions, and quality set up of all learning assets.
· Contribute to quality assurance and testing of courses published on the platform.
· Generate and deliver relevant reports related to project results framework, including course completions and development plans.
· Identify and meet users training requirements to use the learning platform efficiently.
· Implement, configure, administer and support IT applications.
Maintenance and Management of Learning Platform
· Contribute to and maintain system standards.
· Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
· Manage network servers and technology tools
· Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
· Troubleshoot and resolve system related problems and where required, coordinate with internal or external service providers.
· Ensure that new software integration into the platform meets functional requirements and system compliance.
· Ensure that all project data and soft wares comply with all legal and business policy requirements.
· Ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
· Respond to and resolve support requests from software users in 24/7 basis.
· Implement and maintain software and data access rights and controls as necessary within the Project
· Continuously monitor all running software to identify, correct, all security vulnerabilities, bugs, breaches and other non-optimal occurrences
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
· Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
· Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
· Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
· Relevant post graduate or professional certification, knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
· Should have technology experience with at least 6 years hands-on technical roles in the field
· Extensive knowledge of the implementation of large scale digital learning platforms in relevant context.
· Proven experience working with a variety of partners and stakeholders
· Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management; technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
· Familiarity with learning platforms
· Good problem solving skills
· Able to prioritize and meet deadlines, work under pressure and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
· Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills; excellent report writing and presentation skills
· Team player with great collaborative skills, keen and, attention to details; passion for customer service and high level customer care standards
· Strong project management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment
· Excellent organization skills; ability to relate well with diverse people when working in a team setting
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
· Strong analytical skill; strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
Method of Application
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through email: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy