Ilri Research Fellow : Veterinary Public Health in Low- and Middle-Income at The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
- Company: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Position: Veterinary Public Health in low- and middle-income countries
The nature of the work will depend on the projects that s/he will effectively support, but these are likely to include:
• UrbanMarkets: pull-push project: value chain mapping (poultry and vegetable value chains) in Ethiopia.
• TARTARE project: estimation of foodborne related health burden.
The fellow will be assigned specific responsibilities within each of the projects. These will include:
• Supporting design of research projects.
• Design and implement field work activities and, at times, supervising teams of junior staff.
• Data analysis and report/publication writing, including from past projects.
• Work with national and international partners towards the achievement of the project objectives.
• Give seminars and presentations within ILRI as agreed.
• Support, within his/her capacities, the capacity development of junior research staff in the program.
• Deliver in all pre-agreed deliverables based on the plan of activities developed at the beginning of the fellowship.
*There are no restrictions in origin/citizenship of candidates.
• Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• Duration: 12 months
Terms of appointment and stipend:
• The project will provide accommodation within ILRI campus, Addis Ababa.
• A monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
• Medical insurance for the fellowship duration.
1. A degree in Veterinary Medicine, agriculture or related field.
2. Master of Science or equivalent degree would be an advantage.
3. Evidence of relevant experience in research.
4. Strong quantitative skills.
5. Good command of written and spoken English.
6. Current European College of Veterinary Public Health (ECVPH) residents are encouraged to apply.
Education Level : Bachelor’s
Experience : 0-1 year
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th November, 2020