ICT Specialist II at The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation
- Company: The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ethiopia
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person for the position of ICT Specialist II.
Required number: 1
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the ICT Manager of ICRC Ethiopia, ICT Specialist manages and organizes all ICT systems and services in the location where s/he is posted. A non-exhaustive list of tasks is:
- Ensure planning, deployment and attribution of ICT equipment (computers, network, printers, PABX, Telecom materials, Radios, etc.)
- Ensure maintenance, service and proper handling of ICT assets in a small-to-medium sized infrastructure.
- Maintain and exploit existing systems, mainly independently.
- Manage and administrate a park of materials.
- Provide training and support to the users.
- Support Level 2 ICT Service Requests within the area of responsibility (Delegation and Sub-Delegation Offices) in collaboration with other support teams and ensure compliance of related management policies governing the Global Support Model framework.
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiatives and work independently.
- Willingness of self-education in ICT-related fields.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and resistance to stress.
- Be able to travel within Ethiopia or abroad whenever needed.
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field from a recognized institution.
- 3-4 years of work experience in a similar field.
- Good knowledge in computer hardware, software and networks (Windows 8.1 /10, Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016, MS Office, Web Applications, LAN and WAN).
- Good knowledge in Telecommunications (VHF, HF, VSATs, PBX, Telephony, etc.)
- Very good language skill in English and Amharic
- Driving license with experience a big plus
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to :
The ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa,
Human Resources Department,
Closing Date : 30 September. 2021