Human Rights Officer (Curriculum & Material Production) at Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
- Company: Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Ethiopia - Social Science/Community
Internal and External
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill Human Rights Officer (Curriculum & Material Production) position.
Purpose of the Job:
To perform the day-to-day activities in Human Rights Education Delivery by collecting the required resources, preparing, and maintaining up to date data regarding the activities of the section and communicate with other officers within the section to facilitate work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the successful implementation of Human Rights Education curriculum and content revision initiatives, performance improvement plans and service satisfaction goals.
- Perform EHRC’s Human Rights Education program curriculum and content development activities.
- Work on the evaluation outcomes regarding functional performance, internal operation, new innovations, environmental analysis related to Human Rights Education, etc., from various internal and external sources to revise the Human Rights Education Content.
- Work with various subject matter experts in generating ideas and contents in designing human rights education programmes.
- Collaborate with human rights education delivery and research and needs assessment sections to capture the learning and improve on the curriculum and content development project work.
- Support thematic teams in development of promotional and awareness raising materials.
- Contribute to the revision of existing human rights education materials.
- Participate in a discussion forum with trainers to have a shared understanding of best practice in Human Rights Education.
- Participate in relevant working groups/committees and staff meetings.
- Contribute to regular reports of the section to the Director and other relevant organs.
- Provide advice and guidance to trainers on tools designed for the provision of trainings and the developed training materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by executives.
REPORT TO : Coordinator, Human Rights Education (Curriculum & Material Production)
SALARY RANGE : Gross monthly salary of ETB 19,157.00- ETB 22,817.00 plus ETB 6,000.00 Housing allowance and ETB 1,500.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
- MA/BA Degree in LLM, Human Rights Law, International Law, Civic Education, Political Science, or related fields
- Computer literate;
- Knowledge of Amharic is required. Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous;
- 4 years of relevant experience for BA and 2 years of relevant experience for MA.
- Experience in management of resources
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 28 September. 2021