HIV/AIDS and Health Technical Manager at Mary Joy Development Association (MJDA)
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected].com
- Company: Mary Joy Development Association (MJDA)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Organization: Mary Joy Development Association (MJDA)
External Vacancy announcement
JOB TITLE: HIV/AIDS and Health Technical Manager
REPORTS TO: Program Director
LOCATIONS: Addis Ababa
Mary Joy Development Association is a nonprofit development-oriented organization serves the community for the past 25+ years dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable communities by advancing and implementing integrated development program focuses on livelihood enhancement, education, and health with cross-cutting issues of children empowerment, environmental protection, Adolescent and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS and inclusiveness. For the USAID funded project focusing on HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service in SNNPRS, Mary Joy seeks to recruit an HIV/AIDS and Health Technical Manager to be based in Addis Ababa.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
• The HIV/AIDS and Health Technical Officer is a member of Mary Joy staff for the USAID and Mary Joy partnership project on HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service. S/he is a health professional and an expert in his/her field who takes part in the implementation of the HIV/AIDS and health-related activities of the program. S/he Provides evidence-based technical advice; develops strategic approaches to learning and leveraging HIV/AIDS programs throughout the portfolio, within the OVC program, and in collaboration with PEPFAR clinical and community programs as applicable.
• S/he represents the USAID HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service Programs in meetings related to HIV/AIDS with the Regional Health Bureaus, partner organizations and different community structures.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical and programmatic oversight and support to the planning and implementation of HIV/AIDS and health program activities of the USAID HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service
• Coordinate and Monitor the HIV/AIDS activities (HIV Testing and Counseling, referral and linkage, HIV treatment, adherence, viral load monitoring, etc.) undertaken by implementing partners of the program in collaboration with the Health Facilities,
• Provides on-site technical support to the project ‘s field program implementation
• Track progress against program descriptions, implementation plans, and work plans
• Assess progress and barriers to achievement, recommend action for improvement or modifications to address problems, and documents and highlights results
• Provide technical guidance and leadership to all project teams and sub-recipients who carry out HIV/AIDS activities within the program’s portfolio.
• Provide technical support in establishing strong linkages and referral systems between the Community and the health facilities for suitable HIV prevention, care, treatment and follow up activities.
• Organize and lead the technical outreach with implementing partners regarding required and requested HIV/AIDS and Health activities monitoring and reporting; collecting, managing, and analyzing data; and data quality assurance.
• Ensure that implementing partners work harmoniously together with the Regional Zonal and Woreda Health Bureaus and other health sectors to achieve the program’s overall HIV/AIDS and Health-related results.
• Provide leadership for monitoring, and evaluating of HIV/AIDS and health-related activities by ensuring that performance monitoring systems are in place and aligned with USAID HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service Strategy, PEPFAR, and UNAIDS 90/90/90 goals and guidance.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Education and Work Experience:
• B.Sc. in Public Health/other related fields and 5-7 years of relevant experience in HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and treatment as well as monitoring activities with international development programs.
• M. Sc./MPH in Public Health or related field, and 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and treatment as well as monitoring activities with international development programs.
• Demonstrated expertise in the substantive area of work and a good understanding of the evidence-base National and Global HIV/AIDS programming.
• Strong track record of HIV/AIDS programming, and proven ability to produce demonstrable technical and program results
Education Level : Bachelor’s
Experience : 5-10 years
City : Addis Ababa
State : Addis Ababa
Country : Ethiopia
How to Apply
Applicants shall submit their CV and other credentials with a letter within 5 working days as of the date of this announcement. Mary Joy Development Association (MJDA) Yeka Sub City, Megenagna, Amare Abrham and Families Building, 9th floor e-mail: [email protected], [email protected] P. O, Box 12939 Tel. 0118966321 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia