Help Desk Officer at Amref Health Africa
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ethiopia
About Amref Health Africa
Founded in 1957 in Nairobi, Kenya, Amref Health Africa is the largest Africa-based international NGO, reaching 35 countries. We work to ensure every African can enjoy the right to health services by helping create vibrant networks of informed communities that work with empowered health care providers in strong health systems. Amref has over half a century of experience in delivering health care and building health systems in Africa, partnering with those at the heart of communities to bring lasting health change.
Amref Health Africa partners with the Government of Ethiopia and local communities to implement diversified health and WASH project portfolios throughout the country, focusing on three key programmatic areas: Reproductive Maternal, Neonatal, Child, Adolescent and Youth Health (RMNCAYH), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Communicable and Non-Communicable diseases. Currently, our organization is part of the Jhpiego led consortium working on the five years USAID Health Workforce Improvement Program (HWIP) activity. This activity addresses critical HR challenges and augment management and implementation capacity of the Government of Ethiopia entities to improve human resources for health (HRH) management practices and address low competency of health workers.
Position: Help Desk Officer
Reports to: Information System Administrator
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Help Desk Officer will be responsible to support the customer experience. S/he will be responsible for promptly responding to requests and troubleshoot or escalate issues that arise during the implementation process. This position will coordinate closely with the Information System Administrator and technical lead to ensure understanding of and responding to the targeted audience.
S/he is based in Jhiego’s office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and is supervised by the Information System Administrator.
Planning and Analysis
· Create and manage user accounts in line with project needs
· Respond to and resolve support user requests within the agreed service level agreements (SLAs)
· Troubleshoot and resolve system related problems and where required, coordinate with internal or external service providers.
· Following up with users to ensure full resolution of issues
· Request feedback and/or monitor calls and other methods of correspondence to improve user experience
· Create user guides
· Develop and implement user training / orientation sessions
· Provide technical assistance and guidelines to users in relation to project infrastructure and context
· Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention and ensure they are resolved within agreed SLA
· Log all help desk interactions
Design and Development
· Assess training needs and contribute to the development of training strategies and plans.
· Develop dynamic, experiential learning session designs for virtual training including blended learning architectures.
· Develop storyboards for e-learning, LMS platform-based modules, and instructional or explainer videos/animations, and work with an animator in designing the visual imagery
· Use instructional design and development methodologies to create e-learning products
· Contribute to designing and managing learning evaluations.
· Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
· Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
· Create the layout (Look and Feel) of the instructional material
· Develop materials for courses based on information provided by subject matter experts and instructors to create the best coursework possible.
· Develop blended-learning programs and training materials based on proven adult learning techniques using appropriate design, content and technologies adapted to the context of actors in Ethiopia.
· Support the project staff in conceptualizing and developing capacity development activities.
· Write, edit, and revise technical and user manuals for new and updated solution
· Resolve problems with platform and related IT systems
· Diagnose and resolve system errors and other issues
· Maintain hardware and software inventory
· Stay current with system information, changes and updates
· Flag recurring problems for a more permanent solution
· Track and route problems and requests and document resolution
· Administer help desk software
· Perform other relevant duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or other relevant field required; training in Computer Repairs and how to Troubleshoot Problems
· At least 3 years working experience in the information technology / information systems context, out of which 2 years experience in a Helpdesk / Customer Support role.
· Experience in Network Repairs and Analysis; end-user support by responding to client queries, solving technical problems including client software, hardware and network system problems
· Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications and experience of customer service practices; experience in assisting customers on phone and live chat, email, social media and web form submissions related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support
· Specific Knowledge of other required Computer Systems for different work environments.
· Certifications in ITIL IT service management or equivalent is an added advantage.
· Demonstrated interest in development and health topics preferred.
· Coordinate with internal departments and external service providers to ensure solutions.
· Strong Computer Skills and the Ability to Troubleshoot and Diagnose Problems, make timely decisions about the most efficient solutions to issues
· Install, format and maintain desktop and laptop computers; run repairs and replacements on computer hardware; set up, test and troubleshoot local and remote wireless access and network connectivity.
· Familiarity with both PC and Mac Hardware and Software,
· Good Customer Service Skills, patience in dealing with difficult customer-service situations
· Demonstrated strong oral, written and reading comprehension abilities.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Method of Application
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through email: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy