Health Program Officer at Korea International Cooperation agency (KOICA)
- Company: Korea International Cooperation agency (KOICA)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) was established as a government-funded agency dedicated to granting aid programs in April 1991. KOICA endeavors to combat poverty and support the sustainable socio-economic growth of partner countries. By doing so, KOICA establishes and strengthens friendly ties with developing countries.
KOICA Ethiopia Office has been serving in Ethiopia since 1995 in supporting the development efforts of the government of Ethiopia by mobilizing the ODA allocated by the government of the Republic of Korea. It has set up a road map of supporting the implementation of Ethiopia’s Ten Year Prosperity and Development Plan in short term and supporting the Ethiopian Government’s development policy plans.
KOICA is currently looking for a highly motivated and competent professional for the following position:
The Health Program Officer will be responsible for supporting the overall management of projects in Health sector that KOICA Ethiopia Office is carrying out.
- Formulate and recommend appropriate technical and policy approaches to achieve KOICA’s Aid’s objectives in the health sector in Ethiopia, specific areas of focus include primary health care, human resources for health, maternal and child health, and behavior change communication on family planning,
- Monitor, assess and report on progress on health Programme developments and on overall health sector performance of the KOICA health portfolio (programme/projects),
- The Health Program Officer will ensure that KOICA’s country Programme is informed by up-to-date global and local trends, evidence, and best policy practice in the health sector,
- Manage KOICA Health Programme partners in the health sector in a proactive and effective manner and build strong and effective working relationships with Government of other Development Partners,
- Researching and reviewing current literature and building on existing familiarity with regional and country trends, programs, initiatives and projects,
- Contribute to a range of Government-led health initiatives at design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation stages,
- Engage in health sector working groups and dialogue mechanisms, representing KOICA’s agreed positions, and supporting coordination and harmonization with bilateral and multi-lateral development partners in the health sector,
- Review, analyze and summarize key discussions, reports and policy papers and contribute to key discussions, sector reviews, evaluations and audits prepared by Government and other development partners,
- Prepare technical and Programme briefings and regular quarterly and annual reports on the health Programme and on development in the health sector, Prepare speaking points and speeches as required,
- The Health Program officer will be expected to contribute to the delivery of the KOICA Ethiopia Office Health Programme and collaborate effectively with other team members.
- The Health Program officer may be asked to support other additional related duties as assigned by KOICA when relevant.
Duration of Contract for the position: Regular Basis (Contract extension by year depending on performance)
Required No.: 1
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s Degree related to Public Health/International Health from a recognized university
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of working experience in related fields
- Excellent in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation and filing skills (MS Office S/W)
- Good knowledge and experience of public health in Ethiopian context
- Able to function effectively in a complex work environment, setting appropriate priorities and manage competing priorities
Desired Qualifications and Competencies
- Working experience in an bilateral donor agency
- A Good understanding of Korea and Korean working culture is desired
- Working experience in a diverse cultural environment with different stakeholders such as government, implementation organization, UN agencies, INGOs.
Method of ApplicationClick Here to Download CV Template
Applicants are expected to use the applicant resume/CV submission template attached herewith.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 30 September. 2021