Health Management and Administration Advisor at Jhpiego
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills, and develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.
The Health Management and Administration (HMA) Advisor will lead and direct the comprehensive integration of clinical services, fiscal management and strategic vision for cost-effective, sustainable quality care and treatment within local health institutions in Ethiopia. This work will be undertaken under the USAID-funded Ethiopia Quality Healthcare Activity, which aims to build capacity of urban and peri-urban PHCUs and referral health facilities in planning and delivering of client-centered quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) services.
The Three Objectives Of The Activity Are To
- improve the readiness for and delivery of quality RMNACH services;
- strengthen the management and accountability for quality service delivery; and
- to restore health services in health facilities in conflict affected areas.
The project will operate over a 5-year period.
The HMA Advisor will work closely with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party to ensure high-quality, timely implementation of technical aspects related to clinical management and coordination, including application of business principles to clinical practice. He/she will be responsible for ensuring strong linkages between service quality and facility leadership/governance, and for introducing creative solutions . This will involve working closely with the MOH, USAID Ethiopia, implementing partners in country, public and private sector hospitals and health facilities and professional organizations in Ethiopia.
This position is contingent upon award from USAID. Ethiopia nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical expertise related to clinical management, inter department coordination, and management of institutional resources during project start-up and implementation to ensure technical quality of project activities and ensure integration with interventions in both the private and public sectors
- Develop and/or update evidence-based training materials, standards, job aids, and curricula, supervisory systems needed for implementation of the project to meet the needs of USAID and project stakeholders
- Provide mentoring and capacity building at the individual and organizational levels to strengthen leadership, accountability and management capacity for managers of districts, PHCU and referral facilities including private health facilities to improve service delivery
- Provide technical assistance for a range of health management and administration topics, including reinforcing administrative management structures that track workload, staff productivity, client access, etc. introducing/refining systems for collecting diagnostic and procedural coded data to improve performance management, and financial and strategic planning.
- Provide technical support to aspects related to project implementation, research, advocacy and policy support, across project sites as required
- Work closely with the MOH and the relevant national authorities
- Contribute to the development the project strategic plan, work plan, and project monitoring, in close collaboration with Technical Director, COP, and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely implementation and compliance to the requirements and regulations of the award
- Work closely with the COP on setting and completing project priorities and directions, and responding to requests for support from counterparts
- Work with the M&E team to design and implement innovative research studies, implement the M&E plan to regularly track data/results related to RMNCAH to inform adjustments in project implementation
- Collaborate with all local stakeholders and implementing partners, such as networks of private sector providers, the MOH and other partners to ensure that project activities are responsive to and in line with national priorities.
- Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in implementation and prepare and contribute to timely quarterly and annual reporting of project activities as needed
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with USAID, Ministry of Health, health sector partners, key representatives of other USAID / donor funded health programs and other key stakeholders in Ethiopia to maximize resources and leverage synergies
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) and/or master’s in health services / Hospital Administration (MHA).
- MPH and licensed clinical degree a plus.
- At least eight years’ experience in operating health care facilities with clinical management and coordination, supervisory and administrative duties including experience in application of business principles to clinical practice, development of institutional management and data collection systems to define cost centers, ensure successful reimbursement and stimulate health facility revenue growth.
- Experience in improving service delivery at facility level
- In-depth knowledge of health administration and public health principles with progressively responsible experience in maternal, child health, health systems strengthening, or related fields.
- Strong fiscal, administrative and contract management experience including the review, analysis and approval of implementation plans, budgets and budget justifications.
- Strong representational and collaborational experience engaging ministries of Health or other equivalent high-level stakeholders on health care management policy and strategy formulation at national and subnational levels
- Experience in leadership and/or management training for health facility management with an emphasis on integration of institutional services and supportive administrative and financial structures
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including oral, reading, and written proficiency in English
- Flexibility to changing work environments and conditions will be essential.
- Excellent communication skills and strong inter-personal and supervisory skills, including the demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and coach technical staff
- Ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically
- Strong work experience with local and international partners in Ethiopia, including both private and public sector partners.
- Familiarity with USAID’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to travel within Ethiopia up to 20% of the time
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15 October. 2022