Head, Delivery Unit at Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Position: Head, Delivery Unit
– Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
– Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
– Required Number: One
– Salary & Benefits: Competitive
– Application Deadline: November 17, 2019
• Ensure the effectiveness of the Delivery Unit through regular engagement with MoA senior leadership as well as senior management at ATA.
• Develop annual plans, targets and budgets for the DU around critical focus areas including stakeholder engagement, initiative planning, tracking, reporting and escalation, execution capacity building, problem-solving and light analytical support, change management and office management.
• Establish strong, trust-based relationships with and regularly engage relevant internal or external senior stakeholders and initiative owners around annual planning and target-setting for priority initiatives, enhancing execution effectiveness, tracking, reporting and escalation, and problem-solving, to ensure strong stakeholder buy-in and achievement of initiative targets.
• Put in place robust annual planning, target-setting and budgeting process with owners of priority initiatives, and regular performance monitoring and management routines with senior leadership, initiative owners and relevant stakeholders.
• Contribute to recruitment, onboarding, and initial and ongoing capacity building of staff in DU.
• Oversee and manage the staff in the DU day-to-day, ensuring effective engagement with stakeholders and initiative owners, and coaching, providing feedback and performance reviews for these staff.
• Input to the design, development, roll out and continuous improvement of enhanced planning, project management and reporting tools, processes and systems for the DU to track and report on progress of priority initiatives and activities, and ensure effective use of these tools, processes and systems.
• Provide guidance and direction to DU staff as well as TAD implementers and initiative owners in identifying, developing and implementing strategic solutions for challenges around implementation and reporting.
• Provide effective upward reporting and timely escalation of critical issues to the Minister of the MoA, and the Minister’s office leadership and the senior director of the Implementation Support at ATA where relevant, on prioritized initiatives as well as progress, challenges and constraints of the Delivery Unit.
• Proactively seek and action feedback on DU performance from the Minister and the Minister’s office as may be appropriate, through production and discussion of a monthly performance report on the DU.
• Oversee identification, prioritization and effective delivery of technical and analytical problem-solving support for challenges in implementation of priority initiatives, as well as light analytical support to the MoA senior leadership provided on a demand basis: –
• Proactively engage ATA teams or external partners for heavier or more problem-solving analytical support where needed.
• Ensure Delivery Unit staff catalyse transformational mindset as opposed to status quo mode of operation.
• Ensure Delivery Unit team preparedness to co-create solution to clear implementation bottlenecks.
• Perform other related duties as may be required.
• Minimum of MBA, MA, MPA, or Master’s Degree in management, leadership, business administration, project management, economics, public administration, and other relevant field of study.
• At least ten years of work experience, preferably in a management consulting or large program management setting, or other roles focused on strategic planning, program/project design, management and reporting, and applied analysis; five of the ten years of experience should be in a leadership or managerial position.
• Broad experience in leading, structuring and managing programs/projects, analytically focused work, and senior management reporting and decision support, in a range of sectors or topic areas.
• Strong understanding of public and development sector issues and organizational culture, and ability to effectively liaise with senior and mid-level leadership in government organizations.
• Understanding of the Ethiopian Agricultural Sector and its various challenges and possibilities with a broad perspective on how the entire system operates and how public, private and non-government organizations operate.
• Hands on experience on Delivery Mechanisms in public institutions highly desirable.
• Self-starter with strong motivation, vision, ownership and commitment to drive transformation
• Highly collaborative leadership style and demonstrated success in leading, motivating, managing and developing high-performance teams.
• Exhibits an innovative and high-performance mindset and culture, and can perform at a high level under pressure, with high workload and in challenging environments.
• Highly results-oriented and delivery focused, with ability to strengthen accountability of others.
• Promotes data-driven and evidence-based problem-solving, and timely, effective decision-making
• Can act as a champion for change and can effectively support change management efforts.
• Strong team player with excellent relationship building skills, ability to promote dialogue and communicate clearly and confidently.
• Proactively seeks and acts on feedback to drive own development and contributes to others’ development through active coaching and sharing knowledge and best practices.
• Strong knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite, and various program / project management and data and reporting systems.
• Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
• Fluency in English, Amharic languages required; fluency in additional local Ethiopian language is a plus.
Education Level : Master’s
Experience : 10-15 years
City : Addis Ababa
State : Addis Ababa
Country : Ethiopia
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) at http://apply.ata.gov.et • Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form. • Women are highly encouraged to apply. • Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.