Government Liaison Officer at Danish Refugee Council
- Company: Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Title: Government Liaison Officer
Location: Addis Ababa
Reports to: NGO Platform Coordinator
Grade – H1
Start of Contract & Duration: One year
Through DRC as hosting agency, the HINGO forum is recruiting a highly qualified Government Liaison officer who will be responsible to promote efforts humanitarian coordination and support the day-to-day implementation of the HINGO Forum as well as humanitarian access efforts in Ethiopia. The Government Liaison Officer will support the HINGO Forum members and humanitarian efforts through high quality information exchange, coordination, multi-stakeholder engagement, facilitating effective INGO representation, collective engagement, and advocacy. Additionally, the Government Liaison Officer will contribute to operational planning and implementation of humanitarian assistance, as well as promoting community acceptance and accountability to affected population. The post holder will report directly to the HINGO Forum Director.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Government Liaison Officer will be a responsible individual for establishing a positive working relationship between the HINGO Forum and the Government and any related bodies typically with the goal of working through a mutual problem or concern.
The Government Liaison Officer supports the work of the HINGO Forum through the following key tasks:
– Act as focal point for information/experience sharing with and among HINGOs on relevant issues and work with key Forum staff to manage membership process, mailing lists and communication products.
– Provide coaching and support to HINGO’s administration staff in order to address issues with government.
– Maintain a thorough understanding and develop messaging on operational constraints and policy related issues affecting HINGOs in country as well as broader political developments.
– Read, synthesize, and analyze political and security updates.
– Provide a conduit for the UN, government, donor representatives and other stakeholders to communicate and coordinate with HINGOs, enabling an informed, predicted, and safe intervention for all involved.
- Develop communication and information products to support NGO operations and engagement in broader Forum activities and to be regularly informed about the Ethiopia context.
- Support locally driven evidence/ data collection to support Forum advocacy and representation on priority issues this includes media and issue monitoring, context analysis, and drafting short briefs. Works closely with the Policy Adviser on issues related to national engagement and advocacy.
- Lead the strategic relationship with ministries and technical departments and organize regular counseling sessions for INGOs.
- Lead, in collaboration with the Director of the HINGO Forum strategic discussions/negotiation for concrete solutions to issues with government
Support NGOs in resolving strategic administrative, fiscal or management issues with the government
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
● A degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience.
● Demonstrated representation and coordination experience in multi-agency forums
● Proven in-country experience liaising with UN missions or agencies.
● Significant experience in the development of advocacy, policy and key messaging documents
● Strong understanding of the IASC coordination architecture, integrated missions, Humanitarian principles and the Transformative Agenda
● Proven experience in incident/crisis management.
● Fluent English, and strong interpersonal, communication, and networking skills.
● Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure.
● Computer literate, able to use common software packages.
● Previous work experience in Ethiopia is preferred
● Be flexible to travel at short notice to difficult and risky areas.
● Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3 October. 2021