Girls Education Project Field Coordinator at People In Need
- Company: People In Need – PIN
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: SNNPR Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ethiopia
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.
In our 15 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs
More information at www.peopleinneed.cz or https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-development/ethiopia
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Filed Coordinator for Project called “CHANGE- Improving Access to Education in Ethiopia for Most Marginalized Girls (November 2018 to December 2023)”, funded by DFID
Main duties and responsibility
To implement “CHANGE; Improving Access to education in Ethiopia for most marginalized girls” specifically in SNNPR Gedeo Zone. The project focus on out of school and most marginalized girls. The overall objective is contributing to improve the learning outcome and transition to education, training and employment for most marginalized girls.
Under direct supervision of Project Manager, the coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of Training and Materials development, to assure Gender and social inclusion, child protection and safeguarding, Community Engagement and awareness components of the project. In addition, the coordinator expected to strengthen partnerships with government and other key actors to influence national level policy.
- Plan & co-ordinate activities with project staff in line with the project milestones and budget to ensure efficient planning and implementation of project activities and gather regular progress updates from the Project Officers to ensure project activities are on target.
- Coordinate and facilitate the compilation of internal reports and ensure quality reports are developed for the reporting and are submitted to the project manager on time.
- To ensure that all agreed timelines for key tasks are adhered to by the project team and proactively discuss any difficulties with the project manager and coordinator.
- Lead and coordinate awareness activities and subsequent action plans to ensure implementation and follow up of project activities.
- Collaborate with the project field staffs to make sure the objectives are realized and project is implemented in a participatory way
- Support the M&E manager to ensure M&E activities are carried out according to budget and time frame
- Make sure the necessary data based on the indicators is collected and shared.
- To maintain effective communication between project field office and head office staff members, ensuring relevant sharing of information and to provide administrative support for the project, including initiation and maintenance of systems and databases.
- To assist with the organization of workshops and conference at regional and Zonal level.
- Ensure the project works in compliance with PIN as well as DFID policy and procedures and report any concerns to the relevant individuals and authorities.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
- Minimum BA degree in Education, Sociology, Social works, and other related fields of studies
- Minimum 3 (three) years’ experience on Training and Material developments, Inclusion and Child protection and Community Engagement and Awareness and related areas
- Experience and Interest in education, disability, with girls, children etc
- Experience of managing, monitoring donor funded programs;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English and Amharic), proficiency in local language (Gediofa) is advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in international development
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked
Method of Application
Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: https://airtable.com/shr7nECP9oj6gJqun until August 19, 2019.
Should any information needed please contact using: [email protected]
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.