Gender and Disability Inclusion Officer at Fairtrade Africa
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fairtrade Africa
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade System and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs policy and strategic development of the organization.
FAIRTRADE AFRICA PURPOSE: To improve the socio-economic conditions of African producers through increased access to better trading conditions.
TEAM: Eastern and Central Africa Network (ECAN)
LOCATION: Addis Ababa and Ziway, Ethiopia
Post holder reports to: Head of Region – ECAN
Staff reporting to this post: none
SCALE LEVEL: Officer
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
Dignity For All (D4A) Impact Programme- (FTA and Fairtrade Finland Partnership Programme):
This is a four year (2018-2021) Programme funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs (MFA) of Finland. Underpinned by the Fairtrade Theory of Change (ToC), the MFA Impact Programme seeks justice and fairness through exercising rights and freedoms, empowerment through strengthening the assets and capabilities of the most marginalized farmers and workers, and the attainment of sustainable livelihoods through building resilient agro-based trade systems and societies.
The programme is aimed at capturing and assessing simultaneous change in four areas (spheres of change): Small producer & worker organizations; Supply chain business practices; Consumer behaviour and Civil society action.
The programme has six projects that are currently being implemented in Ghana, Ethiopia, Malawi and South Africa in banana, flowers, wine, tea, coffee and cocoa value chains. It focuses on FTA key thematic areas of gender and social compliance, workers’ rights, living income and living wage.
This role will be specifically working on Dignity For All (D4A) Flower Impact Project targeting 7 flower farms in Ethiopia, with a particular focus on gender components of the project and disability inclusiveness. This project has also been funded by a commercial partner in the UK.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Dignity For All Flowers Impact Project Implementation· Coordinate and implement in-country activities in line with the approved work-plans and budgets as defined by the project.
· Act as a key point of contact for queries from the target project beneficiaries stakeholders and partners in the project (including National Fairtrade Organizations located in Europe), ensuring that, as far as possible, issues are dealt with promptly and efficiently
· Adhere to Fairtrade Africa operational and implementation standards
· Delivery on capacity building in required project areas
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
· Closely monitor project performance (Financial and programmatic) and propose strategies for continuous improvement
· In close collaboration with the MEL team, leads project monitoring and evaluation processes
· Support the D4A Flower impact project Business Development Advisor in monitoring and evaluation initiatives
· Submit high quality narrative and financial reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) in accordance with project and organisational requirements
· Provide qualitative and quantitative data on a timely basis to Fairtrade Africa MEL function for reporting purposes.
· Establish and maintain a database of all programme documents and reports area of operation Programme advocacy
· Support the D4A Flower impact project Business Development Advisor to establish and maintain in country strategic partnerships
· Initiate and maintain relationships with local communities, public and government institutions, educational institutions among others who are key stakeholders of FTA
· Support advocacy efforts at national and regional levels
· Supports development of communication material development and supports media visits
- Support HoR –ECAN with resource mobilisation efforts
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Minimum Academic Requirement· Bachelor’s Degree in gender, rural development, sociology, community development, or any other related relevant area of study
Other Specialist Training or Certifications
· Project Management
· Previous training on gender and/or disability inclusiveness desirable
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
· At least 3- 5 years’ experience in a similar position
· Experience in gender-related and/or disability inclusiveness projects will be desirable
· Advocacy work on gender empowerment and/or disability inclusion issues
Communication demands and competencies
· Excellent command of spoken and written English
· Fluency in Amharic desirable
· Experience in report writing
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals across multi-functional and cultural disciplines
· Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage multiple work-streams with various partners at any one time
· Ability to build capacity of partner organizations to deliver on advocacy work
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE 10th May 2019
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website http://www.fairtradeafrica.net/about-us/jobs-and-volunteering/ Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name, and the position Gender and Disability Inclusion Officer - DFA Flower Impact Project stating location of interest. All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form and email to [email protected]. If you have any queries, please call +254202721930 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team. Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as condition of employment.