Finance Officer at Splash International
- Company: Splash International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara - Bahir Dar
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting / Finance Jobs in Ethiopia
Splash is an international development organization founded in 2007 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, USA. Our mission is simple: we clean water for kids. To date, we have reached over 600,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we embarked on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. Splash is working with government to reach 100% of government schools in Addis Ababa with full WASH coverage by the end of 2023, and is in a process of expanding its operations into additional geographies, beginning in Ethiopia.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants for employment.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for maintaining accurate records, verifing invoices, and participating in budget preparations.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Keep accurate records for all daily business transactions using accounting software
- Verify invoices while coding and recording in the books of account
- Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and follow all applicable local policies;
- Archive all finance documents and ensuring that they are in safe custody and easily accessible by the finance team.
- Provide inputs for the revision of chart of account when needed
- Record accruals, PPE, accounts payable and accounts receivable in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and particpate in the external audit process
- Prepare a monthly payroll
- Reconcile bank statements
- Assist with budget preparation
- Perform other duties as required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and reviewed at least annually.
Reports To: Finance Manager
- BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- At list three years proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and IPSAS
- Experience using Financial Software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Professional level of written and verbal fluency in Amharic and English
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work and collaborate in team environment, including with remote team members
- You enjoy collaboration and have a genuine interest in learning from and developing others
- Innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives
- You think critically and have demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve You are willing and able to work in Bahir Dar
- You are willing and able to participate in meetings outside of normal business hours, as needed
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness and sound judgment
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29 September. 2021