Finance Manager at Plan International
- Company: Plan International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting / Finance Jobs in Ethiopia
The position holder will be responsible to support the programme area in preparing the programme area financial reports, prepare the annual organizational budget for the assigned programme area and follow up balance sheet items and take action timely. In addition, ensuring the appropriate allocation of the organization cost recovery.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Plan has a performance management and accountability matrix SOP. Every position holder is expected to adhere to the SOP and review and review her/his responsibility against the accountability matrix.
Disbursements and Treasury (25%)
- Ensure Program Area finance is running with sufficient cash for operations.
- Forecast monthly cash demand for the program Area program.
- Ensure smooth monthly cash flow to program Area without a significant cash excess or cash shortage.
- Ensure all sub office under program Area has a sufficient cash to run the program.
- Ensure all payments to external vendors and suppliers are going smoothly.
- Ensure staff salary and benefit paid timely as indicated on PIE HR manual.
- Make sure all payments due to suppliers disbursed timely and submitted to bank for payments.
- Ensure all payments are captured on the organization’s accounting software before or on monthly payment cut-off date.
- Work closely with Supply chain and ensure all pending and open item due to suppliers are cleared timely.
Program Area Annual Budget Management (15%)
- Lead the Program Area annual budgeting and follow up the utilization.
- Consolidate and compile Program Area annual budget preparation and submit CO Office for approval.
- Lead and consolidate the Program Area periodic budget reforecasting in coordinated way with respective Program Area Project Managers.
- Identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each month and present to Program Area Management team.
- Suggest spending improvements that increase Program Areas budget utilization.
- Review the Program Area budget for compliance with legal and Donor regulations
- Ensure all Program Area project budget and sponsorship Phasing and re-phasing in to SAP, review regularly with Grants Finance team.
Grants Finance Management (15%)
- Responsible for Program Area Grants BVA preparation and submission to PAMTs.
- Responsible for setup of Program Area’s grants budget and derivatives with consultation of Grants Finance Coordinator at CO.
- Review Program Area Project outline on area of Finance and submit to Approval.
- Ensure all Program Area’s grants are coded to the correct budget line and grant Keys.
- Ensure the spending’s of SPAD and sponsorship funds based on approved activity and budget.
- Participate on partner assessment for grants going to be implement through other implementing partner.
- Ensure the selection of a potential implementing partner against plan International partner ship guideline and Donor requirements.
- Review implementing partner agreement pre -implimentation and fund transfer.
- Responsible for payments to partner’s as per partnership agreement and Donor compliance and requirements.
- Follow-up of partner advance liquidation as per the partnership agreement and ensure there is no overdue partner advance.
- Ensure all GIK items are recorded timely and appropriate supporting documents are sent CO for NO reporting purposes.
- Facilitate Grant Audit working closely with grants finance team.
Responsible to coordinate all month end reports as per plan international Ethiopia internal deadline and Global time table.
- Month end Check list
- Monthly lease accounting
- Bank reconciliation
- Partner advance breakdowns
- Program Area monthly staff movement data headcount.
- Action taken from respective month for findings following monthly trial balance analyses.
- Analyze Program Area financial information Funds, expenditures and cash management to ensure all operations are within budget.
- Prepare Program Area monthly expenditure reports and submit to program area PMATs.
- Take part in preparing of annual financial report with the required schedule for the annual statutory Audit purpose
Cost Recovery (15%)
- Ensures cost recovery is applied to program Area’s grants on fair and consistent basis and in accordance with the cost recovery policy of PIE and GH.
- Develop work on cost classifications in coordination with the finance team to support the cost recovery policy
- Ensure staff salary funding matrix is properly updated and salary WBS is submitted PA HR unit accurately and timely.
Finance Data Cleansing (10%)
- Ensure clearance of SAP finance open item on monthly bases before closing the ledger.
- Generate weekly report of procurement open item and advise wayforward
- Ensure all check open items are cleared on monthly bases before period close.
- Prepare Data cleansing report and submit to CO data cleansing task force.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensure that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of BA degree in Accounting, Finance.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience, out of which at least 3 years at managerial/ Senior level.
- Directly relevant professional experience (e.g. finance, accounting, grants management)
- Demonstrated understanding to Government of Ethiopia labour, tax and financial reporting requirements;
- Skilled in analysing data;
- Advanced EXCEL knowledge and different accounting software’s.
- Good communication skill
- Fluency in English language is essential
- Knowledge of Local Languages is a desirable
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8 February. 2023