Filing Clerk at UNHCR
- Company: UNHCR
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ethiopia
The Filing Clerk provides clerical and administrative assistance on file management in the Operation, and to the immediate supervisor. The incumbent is normally supervised by a more senior staff within the same Unit or in Protection or Operations Data Management Units. S/he receives regular guidance and instructions from the supervisor on procedural aspects of the work. As per specific instructions, the incumbent may be required to liaise with different offices and Units within the Operation to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives.
- Individual file management in UNHCR Offices is carried out as per relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure files movement between the Offices, Units, and Staff is carried out as per SOPs.
- Ensure all file movement is recorded on file tracking system.
- Ensure all newly created files are bar coded.
- When needed ensure timely file movement between the Units, Archive and, if applicable, Warehouse.
- Ensure file storage space is periodically checked and meet safety confidentiality and safety standards.
- Ensure periodical file tracking checks take place.
- Utilize office equipment and computer as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Access the relevant information and records which may be sensitive and confidential.
- Prioritise tasks in consultation with the supervisor.
Type of Contract
- Temporary Appointment
Number of Posts
- One (1)
Duration of Contract
- Eight (8) months
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of Secondary Education.
- Minimum 3 years of previous relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English and local language.
- Computer skills.
Method of Application
Closing date: Jun 4, 2020