Farm Management Expert at Balaton Agro Investment PLC
- Company: Balaton Agro Investment PLC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: SNNPR Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
We, Balaton Agro Investment plc, are building up an integrated dairy farm located 160 km south-west of Addis Ababa close to Welkite. We expect cattle to increase to 500 milking cows including offspring of approx. 1,200 head of Simmental breed in year 2021. Our objective is to milk 10,000 liter milk per day.
We search for a Dairy Farm Management expert
- University degree (PhD or Master) in Agricultural Management, Marketing Management and other similar fields of study with a very strong focus on management of dairy cows and agricultural farming.
- We want to encourage multiple applications, a minimum of 2 years relevant experience for PhDs and over 5 years for Masters is necessary.
- Profound proven track-record of dairy farm work experience in management position.
- Any international work and study experience abroad would be an asset
- Excellent understanding of dairy farm management and all it incorporates such as cattle and crops.
- Appropriate colostrum and health management of calves starting with gentle and patient birth support incl. dystocia management
- Support domestic sourcing of quality medication, vaccine, tools, special feed supplements
- Body condition scoring and knowledge of other feed nutrition control parameter
- Ensure all paperwork, computerized records and daily reporting of milk and herd health status.
- Fulfil, implement, and follow all legal dairy farm requirement and obligation of state authorities
- Medium term we intend to develop up to a vocational training location in cooperation with Universities also as an opportunity for you to be involved
- The ability to motivate and understand all employees.
- The ability to come up with organized and good plans for the dairy farm.
- Pro-active, self-motivated, hands-on approach problem solving and highly organized
- Being willing to learn and to develop further as part of an international team setting
- You would work closely and report to a German farm manager permanently on-site
- International consultants will provide guidelines, training and health controlling tools
- We support any meaningful further formal professional qualification and training
- Direct, highly respectful but clearly instruct and motivate staff working with cattle
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment particular fulfil any hygiene measure set
- Able to work with, contribute to and enforce protocols in conjunction with management
- Computer literacy particular Excel and a professional Dairy Herd Management Software
- Excellent English and Amharic language skills
- Pay will be determined by skills, experience and references
Method of Application
Please submit your application consisting of a motivation cover letter,
your resume listing education, vocational training, subjects studied, and work experience proven by certificates and licenses,
Letter of References and/or References to contact,
your salary expectation and availability to start at what date.
Please email full application solely all in one PDF-file to
Balaton Argo Investment plc,
Closing Date : July 10, 2020