Emergency Management Specialist at ICAP
- Company: ICAP
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Number of positions: One
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
The Emergency Management Specialist will be responsible for providing expert support to the national/regional public health emergency operation centers (PHEOCs) in anticipating, preventing, preparing for, detecting, responding to, controlling and recovering from consequences of public health threats in order to minimize health and related impacts of natural and manmade emergencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of Case based surveillance team leader, the incumbent will be responsible for:
· Coordinate tasks related to Public Health Emergency Operation Centers (PHEOC)
· Follow the setting up status of the PHEOCs and regularly assess the functionality of PHEOCs
· Working with agencies and local institutions to plan specific emergency responses
· Design emergency management curriculum, develop training materials and provide emergency management training activities
· Provide regular supportive supervision and mentorship for EOCs including TA on data visualization and use
· Supporting diverse federal, regional, sub-regional and local entities to maximize coordination in public health emergency preparedness and relief efforts.
· Assisting in ensuring public health emergency preparedness plans adhere to federal, and regional, regulations and guidelines
· Developing and performing tests and evaluations of emergency management plans in accordance with federal and regional regulations and guidelines.
· Inspecting facilities such as emergency management centers and communication equipment in order to ensure their operational and functional capabilities in emergency situations.
· Maintaining and updating resource materials required for emergency preparedness plans and implementation.
· Preparing status reports on the recovery efforts, needs, and preliminary damage assessments for health emergency situations.
· Propose alteration of emergency response procedures based on regulatory and technological changes, or knowledge gained from experiences from previous emergency situations.
· Undertaking other relevant activities as guided by the immediate supervisor
· MD or Master’s Degree in Public Health
· At least seven years of progressive experience in public health emergency management preferably in setting up and managing Emergency Operation Center (EOCs)
· Experience of developing training materials and skills of providing trainings are desired
· Must be able to work under minimal supervision and possess good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
· Excellent critical thinking, organizational, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills.
· Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure.
· The flexibility to make quick decisions as disasters change and develop.
· Demonstrated attitudes in working effectively with colleagues and various teams.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21 September. 2021