Emergency Finance Officer at Plan International Ethiopia
- Company: Plan International Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting / Finance Jobs in Ethiopia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The purpose of the position is to ensure that all financial transaction of the program area will captured in the system; all tax related commitments are settled and ready for future reference. Accordingly, the position holder is responsible for all record keeping, reporting and compliance issues of program / project.
- Responsible to review Country office and sub office financial documents on monthly base.
- Give routine supports for finance teams at a sub office.
- Closely follow-up of sub offices cash forecast, request and cash transfer.
- Prepare cheque after checking all financial documents are reviewed & approved.
- Prepare: – payment voucher, cash receipt, withholding tax voucher for suppliers, purchase order, journal vouchers, and submit the hard copy to be reviewed & approved.
- Prepare monthly budget vs Expenditure reports per source and update project coordinators, PM and Finance coordinators for timely utilization.
- Prepare Monthly payrolls for staffs on timely basis.
- Close follow up of GIK receipts, distributions & reporting to project coordinators, PAM, PA Finance coordinator and CO staffs.
- Keep filling systems in which documents could be readily available, easily traced and ensure that all documents fulfil the appropriate source document.
- Conduct surprise cash counts handled by cashier and report to the Finance Coordinator directly on regular basis.
- Keep separate records of all fixed asset purchase with program, sponsorship and projects.
- Responsible for the timely settlement of cash advance and report to the Finance coordinator if there is any delay.
- Perform timely payment and clearing of government obligation.
- Engage in partnership document review and liquidation.
- Replace the task of cashier in his/her absence/when necessary.
- Keep proper documentation of all financial documents.
- Perform other related duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Dealing with Problems:
- The post holder will engage in various PA and sub-office transactions processing coming from programme coordinators/officers and this needs strong knowledge of case management and how to prioritize the same.
- Perform any other relatedÂ duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted
- Set high standards for self and others’ behaviour, inside and outside work. Championing our values and commitment to rights, gender equality and safeguarding. Supporting the health, well-being and both physical and psychological safety of our staff, including their safety to speak out.
- Hold self and others to account for what we have agreed, dealing with poor performance quickly, firmly and constructively.
- Create a positive team spirit, helping people work well together, to reflect and continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what we do.
- Collaborate with team members, colleagues and partners in finding creative solutions to problems by sharing information, experience and ideas and actively seeking their input.
- Motivate and developing others by taking an interest, giving constructive feedback and praise, ensuring they are properly trained and helping them develop their potential.
- Accept change and support others in adjusting to it, helping them understand.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Can succinctly articulate the purpose, values, and global strategy to a range of audiences. Can explain how Plan International will deliver on its objectives through the theory of change and communicates the implications for their team.
- Understands the purpose, lines of accountability and decision-making capacity for each structural element of the organization. Helps their team to understand where they sit within the organizational structure.
- Supports their team to understand the local operating environment and to consider the implications for work activities. Adjusts work activities and practices to reflect the political, financial, social and cultural context.
- Contributes to strategic planning activities.
- Understands the procurement cycle and supply chain, including the importance of good procurement planning.
- Schedules and manages resource aligned to donor and organisational requirements and individual capacity.
- Manages internal and external projects in accordance with the project management and MERL principles.
- Manages performance by providing clear objectives, access to developmental tools and opportunities for coaching and mentoring.
- Enforces appropriate use of brand throughout all written and verbal communications.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- A minimum of BA degree in Accounting/Business Management & related fields with five years of practical experience in the position in similar organization.
- Basic knowledge of Finance role.
- High level of communication both written and oral.
- Excellent Knowledge of Computer applications like Excel, Word, Access and Power point.
- Grant management and reporting skill.
- High level facilitation skill.
- Knowledge in bank correspondence and mode of payments.
- Supervisory skill.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27 September. 2021