Education and Child Protection in Emergencies (EiE and CP) Zonal Program Coordinator – 3 Positions at Imagine1day International Organization
- Company: Imagine1day International Organization
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Bale - Borana - Harargeh
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: Development and Project Management
imagine1day international Organization was founded in 2007 by Canadian philanthropists Summer and Chip Wilson with the goal of ensuring that all Ethiopian children have access to quality education, free of foreign aid, by 2030.
Working under Ethiopia’s public education system and in partnership with the country’s federal, regional and district government education offices, women, children and youth offices, in Particular and other social services Providing Government Structures in general. We have been implementing programs that mainly focuses on the education and children protection in emergency, leadership developments WASH activities in Schools and community development and emergency responses Program in Ethiopia region.
Accordingly, we are looking to fill the vacant positions of education and child protection zonal Program Coordinators in Oromia region for Education and child Protection program we are implementing with UNICEF and other Partners in Oromia regional States.
We are looking for the senior energetic Program coordinator Who will take the leadership Position of effectively and efficiently coordinate different education and child protection Projects in the targeted zones.
The Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Program Coordinator will be responsible for providing strategic direction and vision to the Child Protection and Education programming and will be responsible for the overall quality implementation.
The Program Coordinator is responsible to ensure coordination and implementation of child protection and EiE including gender-based violence in emergencies (CP-GBViE) interventions in targeted woredas of the region in line with Program Cooperation Agreement (PCA). She / he will coordinate the program at zonal level and make sure that the program is implemented at target woreda or kebeles / site level in line with the agreement made through the PCA. She/he will be providing guidance and support for education and child Protection program staff for the implementation of Education in emergency minimum standards, child protection case management and provision of services including identification, documentation, family tracing and re-unification (IDFTR), provision of psycho social support (PSS) and prevention, risk mitigation and response services addressing GBV. She / he will ensure a periodic and timely reporting of response and child protection situation in target woredas of in the target zones region.
This the Position which involves frequent contact with Children and community, therefore, imagine 1day as organization working with children and vulnerable community take strict Procedure of Screening candidates against child Protection and PSEA policy
With guidance and support from the regional Program Manager, Regional Program Director, and in collaboration with zone / Woreda Social Affairs Office (Bolsa) staff and as part of the overall response plan implementation; the Program Coordinator shall:
Program Planning Coordination, managements and leadership
- In collaboration with imagine 1day regional Program coordination offices & HO plays roles of creating Strong foundation for Program coordination including on time developing the projects implementation Plan, including budget.
- Provide technical and management leadership to the Child Protection and Education in Emergency Department in accordance with best practice and I1D/UNICEF policies.
- Actively Participate in the Projects Planning sessions organized by imagine 1day regional Program coordination offices.
- In Collaboration with the line zonal and Woreda Education Contribute for and Provide inputs developments concept notes and proposal for new program / Projects through identifying new emergency areas, community gaps, new emerging needs of the community through conducting desk review, need assessment and presenting the finding.
- Ensure that all planned child protection and education in emergency activities are implemented on time, within the budget, according to quality standards and as per the monthly plan.
- Provide Situational updates and Cluster updates for the regional offices Coordinate the Project visit, donor monitoring with respective Zonal, Woreda Education offices and other education key Stakeholders.
- In Partnership With teachers’ Colleges /university and other Organize training and capacity building on education for government and Program Staff.
- Planning and executing the projects inputs procurement in accordance with financial Policy of the Organization and collaboration with the Procurement and finance as well as concerned Program departments.
- With support from the CP/EiE program managers, follow quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results, and this includes planning of activities, and procurement.
- Identify needs and gaps in programming and proactively suggest new activities to enhance the protection activities.
- Supervise (in collaboration with the Pie and EiE Specialists) required evaluations of new situations or of the existing programs to guarantee high quality interventions
- Supervise the CP/EiE teams to conduct regular monitoring and evaluation activities, and on a regular basis liaise with partners to identify gaps and challenges as well as to ensure quality impact of the CP/EiE approach.
- Work closely with M&E officer to ensure data are collected to better report on activities and to ensure quality services for beneficiaries.
- Prepare quality weekly and monthly reports in addition to other reporting tasks as per donors and partners requirements.
- Ensure continued coaching and mentoring to the Project coordinators /officers and other actors based on the project’s needs.
- Provide technical support to programmed staff and partners such as Women and Children Affairs Office in the implementation of emergency child protection and education response plan. This includes ensuring that the efforts are aligned with existing government mechanisms and services to strengthen the sustainability of efforts.
- On-going capacity building of social workers, ALP and ASR Facilitators, and front-line workers on prevention and response to violence, referral pathways, case management, community-based child protection systems, community mobilization, integration of child protection into other programs (multi sector programming); and psycho social support in line with capacity building plans. Monitor and report on results of capacity building efforts.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting requirements from woreda and kebeles /sites are met (as per the established format) and systematic coordination of appropriate responses on child protection in emergency operational response plan, with other relevant sectors, especially health, nutrition, education and WASH.
- Coordinate and provide support for the zonal/regional level BoWCA/BoLSA led coordination mechanism for effective implementation of emergency child protection and education in emergency interventions at zonal, regional, woreda and site level.
- Participate in zonal/regional level child protection a deducation emergency response related meetings and share minutes of such meetings with national CP/EiE Program Manager and Regional Program Director.
- Coordinate with other humanitarian partners and local authorities in the target areas, as relevant for the effective and efficient implementation of the CP/EiE projects and attend clusters and working groups, sub-clusters and task forces.
- Facilitate and support to UNICEF’s field visit to emergency response in target woreda and kebeles / sites.
- Undertake other relevant tasks as directed by her/ his supervisor and assist with other duties in support of the Child Protection in Emergencies Programme.
Program finance and Administration
- Ensure the financial, human and assets of the Program is Planned, implemented, controlled, monitored and reported in accordance with the HR, finance and administration Polices and guideline of the organization.
- Participate in the selection, training, developments and Performance of staff that will report for the zonal program coordination offices.
Program monitoring, Evaluation and documentation-develop
- Develop project monitoring and evaluation Plans and coordinate the Projects monitoring, evaluation, learning and documentation with program staff and Partners.
- Identify program gaps, propose the solution for challenges in Communication with regional Program manager and technical Staff.
In Partnership with Signatory offices Coordinate the Program field visit, monitoring and evaluation by the donors.
- Develop quality program /Projects reports, and communicate to the internal &external Stockholders, donors, clusters and regional staff in accordance with the project Proposal /agreements and Standards reporting formats These includes monthly, quarterly, biannual, final, 5W and other Program updates.
- Systematically coordinate the documentation of Projects inputs, out puts, result and impacts of the program /Projects.
- In Collaboration with the communication departments coordinate the development and Communication case history, lesson learned and best experiences
- Create Strong Partnership with government Partners, NGO and Community through creating strong channels of communication and maintaining relationships in accordance with the organizational visions and values.
- Systematically exchanging and communicating Imagine 1day vision, mission & Value with partners and community in the respective zones, woreda and communities
Reports to: Imagine 1 Day Regional Program Manager and Regional Program Director
Employee condition-Contract for 6 months with possibility of extensions
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree/master at an advanced level in the field of Educational Planning & managements, educational leadership, educational Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Social Anthropology, Community Development, Development Studies and related fields.
- Extensive work experience relevant to Education and child protection in both development and emergencies may be considered as a replacement for formal qualifications for an advanced level;
- At least 5 years progressively responsible humanitarian and development work experience in Education & child protection and gender-based violence projects /program coordination including in emergencies.
- Previous experience of at least three years in Education & child protection program coordination in international /national NGO, UN agency.
- Familiarity and experience working with government counterparts.
Strong knowledge and experience in establishing child protection coordination architecture especially at
- Who is well trained on school leadership, education and child protection minimum standards, result based Project cycle managements.
- Qualitative and Quantitively Report writing, communication and Presentation skill.
- Strong skill and Passion of supporting and supervision education Program offices, field staff with creating strong team with transformational leadership mindset.
- Proficient in using Microsoft offices, Words, Power Point, xl, Microsoft out looks, internet.
- Proficient in reading, writing, speaking English, Afnan Oromo and Amharic.
- Have experience of Working with OEB and within Oromia regional State, zonal woreda levels will be an asset
- Excellent communication skills in the local language/Afaan Oromo/, English. And Amharic.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21 January. 2023