Driver at Save The Children
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Bale - Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
• Receiving the vehicle with its accessories by hand-over documents and signs hand-over formats
• for receipt of vehicle with its accessories
• Providing driving services to the Coordinators, managers, staff members, visitors and guests from head Office
• Handles clients with due care and respect. Respects the faith and culture of different communities
• Respects the rules and regulations of departure and arrival hours according to logistic manual
• Handles confidential matters with due care and in consultation with senior staff.
• Maintains records of logbook for all journeys undertaken, fuel consumed, repair costs and ensures
• the logbook is available for inspection at any time
• Before starting the vehicle’s engine each day, checks the level of engine oil, radiator, and
• windscreen washer water are adequate, etc
• On weekly basis, checks the level of brake and clutch oil, battery water and the pressure of tires
• is at the proper levels, and also ensures that all lights and indicators are working properly
• Ensures that the assigned vehicle is not driven by another person unless authorized
• When assigned, assists in local purchasing/expediting activities
• Maintaining all safety and security measures to the vehicle under his/her care.
• Ensuring that the vehicle assigned to him/her is clean, fuelled, lubricated and regularly serviced as
• per schedule.
• Keeps all tools and reserve tyre with due care. Handles the vehicle and other related accessories
• and materials with due care
• Cleans seat belts each day and wears the same all times and insists all passengers to do the same
• Carry out minor vehicle maintenance at specified intervals and keep thorough maintenance logos for each vehicle.
• Have the SCI logo visibly displayed on all SCI vehicles, except where this would jeopardize staff
• safety or be inappropriate to specific local circumstances.
• Park in safe and secure areas all SCI vehicles during working and non-working hours. Parks the Vehicle in safe place during night.
• Undertakes minor repair of the vehicle
• Report accidents as occurred immediately
• Adheres to rules and regulations of Save the Children International.
• Respects the traffic rules and regulations strictly
• Performs other related tasks as required
Completion of 12th grade or 10th grade with current educational system
• Own at least third grade valid driving license.
• Trained in Safety and Security
• At least 2 years of work experience in International NGOs with clean driving record.
• Willingness to work over weekends, holidays and harsh climatic situations.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills is an asset.
• Experience in vehicle maintenance
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in difficult environments
• Good English written and oral communication skills
• Commitment to SCI’s aims values and principle
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.