Driver at Norwegian Church Aid/Ethiopia
- Company: Norwegian Church Aid/Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Gambela Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
Norwegian Church Aid/Ethiopia
• The Driver is responsible for the day-to-day transportation of people and materials, looking after the overall health of the assigned vehicle and follow-up of vehicle’s documentation. He/she also performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs to ensure that the vehicle is kept working, clean and tidy.
• Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and materials under the authorization of the supervisor.
• Perform delivery and collection of messages, documents and other related goods in/out of NCA office/project sites.
• Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Responsible for the proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
• Ensures availability of all the required documents including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, different road signs, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
• Ensures that all immediate actions required by the rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
• Responsible to guarantee his/her mental readiness, physical stamina and legal documents preparation to give the required driving service.
• Reporting to: Regional Finance & Admin Coordinator
• Duty Station: Based in Gambella with frequent travel to the project sites
• Length of Contract: Up to March 2021 with possibility of extension based on availability of funds
• Salary: As per the organizations’ scale and previous income history
• Secondary school graduate.
• Valid 3rd Grade driving license (old curriculum) or Public 2 driving license (new curriculum).
• Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience as a driver in International Non-government Organization either in humanitarian.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair is mandatory.
• Demonstrated experience travelling to hardship areas with longer stay.
• Basic skill of English language.
• Basic computer skills and keen to learn relevant software used by NCA.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to promote effective collaboration within NCA team and across member and partner organizations.
• Strong personal integrity and commitment to accountability.
• Proven record of accident-free driving is a plus.
Education Level : High School Graduate
Experience : 1-3 years
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants are required to send their application, CV and other supportive documents via
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted via telephone/email.
NCA is an equal opportunity organization.
Qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date : 24th November, 2020