Drive/ Facilitator at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on commission of the Ethiopian Government and International Donors.
The Agricultural Mechanisation for Smallholders (AMS) project is financed by the German Development Cooperation and implemented by GIZ. The main objective of the project is improving small-scale farmers’ productivity & incomes through mechanization and technology. AMS is working in introducing improved agricultural mechanisation on small scale farms in the Arsi zone and will soon expand to Bale (Oromija) and West-Gojam (Amhara).
To achieve its objectives, GIZ-mechanisation project is looking for a qualified candidate as per the below details.
Position: Driver/ Facilitator
Application deadline: April 03,2019
Required Candidates: One
Place of Work: Bahirdar
- The incumbent under the day to day supervision of the Office Manager, the Driver/Facilitator shall provide reliable and safe driving services with ensuring high accuracy of work.
- The Driver/Facilitators demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with the people of different national and cultural background.
Tasks of the incumbent
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by driving office’s vehicle/s for the transportation of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items when required;
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logbook, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, checking of tires, brakes, car washing, etc;
- Ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logbook, first aid kits, and necessary tools and spare tires;
- Demonstrates commitment to GIZ’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
Knowledge management and learning
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office;
Development and operational effectiveness
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of safety and security issues;
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar occupation
- 3rd grade driving license;
- Completion of auto mechanics training is a plus
- Acts in all assignments with personal energy and engagement;
- Professional fluency in Amharic, good English
- Disciplined and punctuality;
- Stress tolerance and patience;
- Familiarity with area where the regional office is situated;
- Willingness for extra hours assignment;
- Solid understanding of vehicle maintenance;
- High sense of responsibility, reliability and good behavior;
- Preferably in the possession of a recent (no longer than 3 years) 1st aid certificate;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS word, Excel, etc) is desirable;
- Knowledge of GIZ rules and regulations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Title ‘Driver/ Facilitator #097/2019’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged