Director of Finance and Operations, ETBE at FHI360
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Director of Finance and Operations
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Director of Finance and Operations for an anticipated project in Ethiopia, focused on improving TB diagnostic, care and treatment. The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for administrative and financial leadership of the program to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of project set-up, daily operations, and close-out. The Director of Finance and Operations will manage the administrative and logistic infrastructure of key components of the program description and ensure adherence to global standard of excellence in health service delivery programming and donor-specified compliance. The position will be based in Addis Ababa and will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Director of Finance and Operations will have the following responsibilities:
· Provide leadership to finance and contracts aspects of the project, including general financial management and processes, subaward financial management, and accounting;
· Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, subaward and operations aspects of project;
· Ensure compliance of financial systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Ethiopia laws;
· Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets;
· Manage project procurement processes;
· Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and agreement-related matters;
· Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting;
· Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID;
· Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID;
· Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management;
· Supervise other project-based finance, procurement, and contract & grants staff.
· Master’s Degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required; or a Bachelor’s accounting degree with 12 years’ experience;
· 10+ years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects;
· 5+ years’ experience working in a developing country; Ethiopian experience is preferred;
· Familiarity with USG rules and regulations for grants and contracts is required; USAID cooperative agreement experience is also strongly preferred;
· Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles;
· Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets of $30 million dollars or larger;
· Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets;
· Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners;
· Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies;
· Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise
· Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English;
· Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow;
· Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application & updated CV through [email protected] before/on May 05/2019
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Please make sure you write the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so will lead to application disqualify.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.