Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit Gmbh Jobs in Ethiopia : Team Leader – Aiz Hub, Events and Travel
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
As a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit – is dedicated to building a future worth living around the world.
Around the world, we have over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including rural and economic development, education and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Together with our partners, we work to deliver flexible, effective and cost-effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
As a public-benefit German federal enterprise, we are committed to meeting our clients’ high standards of transparency and accountability. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is our main commissioning party. European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and national governments also benefit from our services.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been implementing development programmes on behalf of the German government for over 40 years together with our national partners. The focus of our work in the country is on vocational education, sustainable use of natural resources, land management and food security, biodiversity and forestry. Other programmes e.g. enhance development of a sustainable textile sector and renewable energies in Ethiopia.
For GIZ Country Office in Addis Ababa, we are looking for a Team Leader – AIZ Hub, Events and Travel.
Position: Team Leader – AIZ Hub, Events and Travel Remuneration: As per the GIZ scale
Application deadline: October 23, 2018
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
A. Overall Responsibilities
In this newly created position, the position holder will be in charge of planning, organizing and managing all kinds of trainings, events and conferences at the GIZ Country Office in Addis Ababa or at other locations in Ethiopia. This will be done in close cooperation with the unit in charge of trainings at GIZ Head Quarters (AIZ) and with the programs in Ethiopia.
· Building up and leading a team of approximately 4 to 5 members (consisting of current and new staff). Supervision, guidance and development of team members.
· Planning of events in close cooperation with GIZ HQ and in based on the demands of GIZ Ethiopia (including production of events schedules); at a later stage development of new internal (and external) event opportunities.
· Organizing and managing the events with high quality standards, in a cost-efficient way and in line with internal rules and regulations. Coordination with other involved departments (Logistics, IT, etc.).
· Selection and supervision of external service providers (e.g. caterers, hotels, printing agencies for event material, technicians) as well as event speakers or moderators/facilitators to ensure high quality standards of GIZ events. Regular evaluation and (if necessary) changing of service providers (in case of low quality, price increase, etc.).
· Defining and continuously adapting procedures for product delivery with the team and the internal clients (through feedback questionnaires to participants and internal clients, meetings, etc.).
· Development and implementation of communication procedures (e.g. response times with clients and other involved departments, invitations to participants, etc.).
· Co-ordination and best-practice exchange with other GIZ Training Hubs.
· Financial reporting: Comparison of budgets with effective costs per event.
· Implementation of GIZ corporate design standards and visual guidelines.
A. Required educational qualifications, professional experience and competency
· Masters degree, in public relations / communications, marketing, business administration or related field,
· Professional experience of at least 5 years in an international environment, either as Team Leader or as events expert, ideally both.
· A proven track record of organizing successful events.
· Fluent (speaking and writing) in Amharic and in English.
· Good knowledge of German (speaking and writing) would be a significant advantage.
B. Personal and social competency
· Combination of analytical skills to analyze the situation and the various demands and of managerial skills to adapt structures and procedures accordingly.
· Ability to perform tasks efficiently and professionally in a highly organized manner.
· Highly service-oriented character and solution-oriented mindset.
· Ability to manage complex event preparation procedures and to meet deadlines.
· Takes over responsibility for the tasks assigned to her/him and carries them out independently.
· Good team worker and efficient communicator; ability to advise internal and external partners.
· Shows own initiative and creative thinking in developing optimized, client-oriented procedures and instruments.
· Exhibits conscientiousness, reliability, integrity, loyalty, commitment and perseverance.
· Has flexibility, is willing to learn, has a constructive approach to challenges.
· Ability to work under pressure, strong team orientation and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV to the following address:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
P.O. Box 100009
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Fax: 011 554 0764
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.